If you got a foxbody, What would you do?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have someone a little late to my honda ads on Chitown looking for a gas sipper by the sounds of it offering me a 89 5.0 Fox. it has a b303 cam, and injectors (as far as work being done to it) Its an auto car (AOD) that is slipping, but he had stated he was swapping it out this week for one in good condition prior to selling/trading it.

if I got that... What kind of mods could be done to it without screwing with the ECU at all or timing etc? what bolt-ons are best on a 5.0, what would you do if you had one?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
if you want characters, read some comics.

what are you looking to get out of a car man?

Realistically, The civic has been alot of fun, but it will never be anywhere near as fast as a decent RWD V-8 car unless I put SERIOUS money into it.

I originally wanted to track the civic, but after quite a bit of research it doesn't seem like a realistic goal because:
A) Insurance
B) it has no torque
C) its FWD and the EH's have serious tri-pod problems on the track with a cage and strut tower braces.

After going to the track last season, I've really decided I want a 1/4th car, and its alot easier and cheaper to make a car go fast in a straight line than it is to make it go fast through the turns.

That and to be honest, I like having some level of respect from the car community as far as people LIKING my car, and I know everyone says you shouldn't care what people think about your car, but when it comes down to it, I'm pretty much the only one backing my honda, and its a shit-box.
I'd rather have a fast shit-box at very least like a Fox.

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
Realistically, The civic has been alot of fun, but it will never be anywhere near as fast as a decent RWD V-8 car unless I put SERIOUS money into it.

I originally wanted to track the civic, but after quite a bit of research it doesn't seem like a realistic goal because:
A) Insurance
B) it has no torque
C) its FWD and the EH's have serious tri-pod problems on the track with a cage and strut tower braces.

After going to the track last season, I've really decided I want a 1/4th car, and its alot easier and cheaper to make a car go fast in a straight line than it is to make it go fast through the turns.

That and to be honest, I like having some level of respect from the car community as far as people LIKING my car, and I know everyone says you shouldn't care what people think about your car, but when it comes down to it, I'm pretty much the only one backing my honda, and its a shit-box.
I'd rather have a fast shit-box at very least like a Fox.

don't do things for other people, no matter what car you drive or how much shit they give you. they're not spending their money on it, you are. you're the owner playing the part, your car doesn't speak for you, that's your job. so if you get some flack for something, it's probably not because of your car; it's probably because the way you present yourself and come off as an individual.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
don't do things for other people, no matter what car you drive or how much shit they give you. they're not spending their money on it, you are. you're the owner playing the part, your car doesn't speak for you, that's your job. so if you get some flack for something, it's probably not because of your car; it's probably because the way you present yourself and come off as an individual.

I think what I said came off wrong, I'm saying it would be a perk owning a car that other people respect as well as something thats faster that I would enjoy more and to be quite honest, is probably more reliable than my civic at this point.

something i actually agree with that ryan said....hmmm hells freezing i guess :rofl:

oh and btw dont buy it, get rid of the shit box, and save up for a better car instead of going from shit to shit

You realize you own a junk camaro right? why don't you just sell that and your colbalt and by a vette?

I want to have an older model project car, I don't want a newer model car that costs more money to repair when shit breaks.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i don't think you have any idea what you really want.
you just WANT something.

I want something other than my Honda because it has proven to be a nightmare, and 5.0's were out of my pricerange when I was car-shopping for my first car, otherwise I would own one, and to SilentD:

I'm sorry I'm a ford boy.

there's a 07 focus, and a 95 taurus SHO outside, an 89 Mustang would fit right in.

Cutie_M69

Ooo, Peice of Candy!
Dec 1, 2007
Marseilles, IL
why do you always bash on the cars that dan likes/wants/owns??? it seems like no matter what you dont like his decision. and from what i have caught on to is that silentd you have a teggy and a camaro that you dont drive. dan has a reliable DD and the honda. i just dont understand you guys its like nothing makes you happy

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
i had my fling with fox bodies..and now its in the junkyard lol, but theres sooo much stuff out there for those cars its insane. subframe connectors should be the first thing on your list... but if we're talking about the engine, remove the air silencer, bigger maf, and put in a k&n drop in, apparently the original intake flows considerably better than a fenderwell cai. another fairly inexpensive thing you can do is get the gt40 heads and intake off an explorer 5.0. can pick them up for pretty cheap, probably less than a grand and they flow a lot better than the o.e. heads. bigger throttle body. you would probably have to tune it though..I really wanted to do longtubes but a good set of shorties and a catless x/h pipe would do. a 4:10 rear gear would really wake the car up too. i could go on and on but then i would want another fox body so im gonna stop.

nick is probably gonna tell you to pull out the 5.0 and put in a turbo 2.3...but he's one of those crazy svo guys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info