'Rest Reminder' dummy light on G8

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I was driving home from work the other day when this dummy light came on. It was a tall tree overlooking a picnic bench with the text 'Rest Reminder' underneath it. What the heck is that? I was only driving for maybe 20 minutes. I could see if the car had been running for 8 hours or something. Has anyone ever had this light go on?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I guess it's programmed to illuminate after two hours of driving. Looks like you can turn it off, too. From the owner's manual:

"This feature reminds the driver
that they may have been driving
for too long without a break.
When the ignition is turned on, a
timer starts counting. After two hours
of continuous driving, the rest
reminder flashes to alert the driver.
The Rest Reminder message is
displayed until3or 8 are
pressed. The rest reminder
reappears after 20 minutes
accompanied by a chime, unless
the ignition has been turned off.
For information on how to turn the
rest reminder on and off, see DIC
Vehicle Customization on page 4-31."

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Now that I think of it, maybe it was the day I was hauling Rob around from my place to his and then back to the hospital to visit Alison. That was most defintely 2 hours of driving. 2 hours seems little short though for a 'rest reminder' to come on.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
That feature on mine must be broken. I put something behind my car that I wanted to put in the trunk. I then walked up and closed the garage door and forgot I had put something behind the car. I backed into it and left a nice little scratch on the bumper.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
I was driving home from work the other day when this dummy light came on. It was a tall tree overlooking a picnic bench with the text 'Rest Reminder' underneath it. What the heck is that? I was only driving for maybe 20 minutes. I could see if the car had been running for 8 hours or something. Has anyone ever had this light go on?

lol!!! my GTO has this but i was able to turn it off by going into the options during start up...... I turned it on in the garage one morning and that little tree thing popped up saying I should rest..... I promptly then called off work and rested. The car told me to.......

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
lol!!! my GTO has this but i was able to turn it off by going into the options during start up...... I turned it on in the garage one morning and that little tree thing popped up saying I should rest..... I promptly then called off work and rested. The car told me to.......

:werd: when i picked my car up from cali i got this a couple hours into my journey home. when i finally got home i promptly figured out how to disable this feature

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info