Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well if you count the 5 3800's in the garage W bodies would win...lol
aside from that

i'm in other i guess...
68 F250 camper special (with a buncha 79 F350 brake/suspension swap parts)
73/4 nova dragcar (def not street legal)
75 CJ5 (a pile of parts...)
84 toyota cressida wagon (dd till a wire broke somewhere in the harness)
and recently trimmed the fleet down a good bit...
87 lebaron GTS 2.2 T1 (junked)
92 chrysler imperial (traded)
86 F150/350 frankentruck (stripped to frame and cab and junked)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Xerxeis said:
Turbocharged400sbc said:
75 CJ5 (a pile of parts...)

Ain't that the truth....mine's the same way >.>
lol true!

whatya got? i got my 75 in trade for allota work on my buddy john's 84 CJ7

i have the dash, axles (3.73 D30 and Dana 44 rear) and plow parts from it with the dana 20 tcase and TH400 (with the SBC to AMC bellhousing adapter from the factory!) from a 72 commando

i wanna build a single seater tube chassis car/jeep to throw my 400sbc into for fun at the track, swap springs and tires and bash it against some tree's...i'm all about multi function vehicles lol

Max

I'm Just Here For The Gasoline...
May 24, 2007
The Wastelands
Well, once i get it back (my dad's friend, a wrecker/mechanic) is lookin at it because i knew nothing about cars when we had it....fucker's had it for a year and a half now.....and i'm hoping to get it back soon...

It's a CJ5, late 70's, inline 6, silvery blue paint with what looks like armor plates on it and a snowplow...

the body bucket needs replaced....that or some steel plates welded in it....the drivers floor has a rather large hole covered with a rubber mat...

And the rear seat is kind of a sled that just sits there...it's not bolted down

passenger seat has a milk crate behind it to hold it up

Lock cylindar in the steering collumn is FUBAR, was being started with pliers, i tired putting a new cylinder in to make it easier....backfired....got stuck and couldn't get it out so i had to drill it out...so it needs either a pull-start or a button start and some kind of igniton on/off switch....

BUT.....one day....an LS1 swap would be spiffy....it'd be an ugly-ass sleeper ^.^

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i took the snowplow stuff off the cj5 and kept it! i figure i might be able to use or sell it someday lol
here's the 84 CJ7, was a 258 I6 with 4spd and the nice dana300 Tcase
84JeepCJ74inchliftand35BFGMuds.jpg

now it has a deuce carb'd AMC 304 with barely muffled sidepipes :D (was in front of the TH400 w AMC adaptor/dana20 tcase i have) from a 72 commando along with the commando's axles (3.73 geared D44 and 30 narrow track axles, after i rebuilt them, still open diff's though...) and 6 bolt front hubs
a used 4 inch lift, ranger rear shocks (for more droop) bigger chevy/bendix front brakes (instead of the AMC stuff) PS swap with gearbox brace (huge improvement! best offroad mod ever! lol) with 35 inch tires on wagon wheels (old rims in pic) with backspacing to bring them out to where they were with the OE widetrack axles, the old rims tucked them in too far and we lost turning radius...now we have the tight turns again! and a front hoop and halo bars welded to the OE rollbar which was braced to the tub with 3/16ths and 1/4 inch plate
still has it's OE D300 and t176 4spd but it's waiting for a chrysler 318 fuel injected and a 727/904 auto trans to bolt to the dana300

i hear ya on the body stuff a tip fer ya, the JC whitney floorpans are cheap and they work but they take some hammer work since they dont fit that great...thinner than the stock sheetmetal but they keep the mud out lol
for the rest the CJ7 has mostly 1/8th and 3/16ths plate steel body panels lol
the rockers were bad but we had waukegan steel form up two 4x8 angle plates from 1/8th inch steel to act as rocker sliders, the rear bed floor and wheeltubs have 3/16ths steel but we have yet to boddify the rear seat mounts on the new bed floor but his black german sheperd Princess usually is back there so i dont think she minds lol
swapping in a GM tilt colum is pretty damn easy if your looking for an easier entry into the cj5's and the GM lock cylinders will work in the AMC column (which was made by GM's supplier)

forget the LS1...too$, find one of the rarer th400/d20 setups and drop in a TBI 350 with a good low end Tq cam and headers and spend the money on the diff's and gearing...we out crawled two locked jeeps with 37's and the other with 39's with 35's and open diff's and this was on the pink trail at attica (gaurantee'd bodydamage the sign said...nope none :bigthumb:

we need quieter pipes on it so we can drive it on the street without worry then it'll be perfect

good luck with yours, they are fun!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info