Since everyone is running new personal bests lately I figured I'd post my 12.9 PB vid

Nealoc187

slow
Jul 24, 2008
DG, IL
Real Name
Neal
My personal best naturally aspirated. I went way quicker years ago with turbo on the car but this is the best I've done NA. Best 60' I've ever pulled too - 1.69 first time on good slicks with a good clutch.

In case anyone is wondering this is a simple 2002 FWD VQ35 swap into my 95 maxima. Using 3.0 cams (less aggressive but made the swap about 8 hours shorter), with intake, ypipe, exhaust and slicks. No tuning done because my laptop has been dead for a year and I haven't bothered to fix it and I don't really care about NA that much anyways, my goal is to get back in to the turbo game since it's been 3 years now. This thing could really move with proper cams, some tuning, and headers.

BTW that Camaro SS is supposedly the car that Vortech prototyped their new SC kit on. I saw the IC and though it would be fast... maybe still working out some bugs or something. I didn't see any of his other runs that day to see if he went any quicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAA7dwNsy-U

Nealoc187

slow
Jul 24, 2008
DG, IL
Real Name
Neal
pretty quick for a NA and untuned.

Yeah I was hoping I'd get the tunable-via-USB ECU I'm supposed to be prototyping for a company in time to use it this fall, but it hasn't arrived yet and I can't bug them too much as they are giving me a free ECU if it ever gets here lol. I think that, the headers, and the cams are really holding it back NA.

Mook it weighs 2850lbs without me in it and 1/4 tank, about 30-40lbs less than stock (engine, wheels, suspension, ypipe with no cats, etc are lighter than stock, some stuff is heavier than stock like my bigger brakes, rear sway bar, strut bars, etc).

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
My personal best naturally aspirated. I went way quicker years ago with turbo on the car but this is the best I've done NA. Best 60' I've ever pulled too - 1.69 first time on good slicks with a good clutch.

In case anyone is wondering this is a simple 2002 FWD VQ35 swap into my 95 maxima. Using 3.0 cams (less aggressive but made the swap about 8 hours shorter), with intake, ypipe, exhaust and slicks. No tuning done because my laptop has been dead for a year and I haven't bothered to fix it and I don't really care about NA that much anyways, my goal is to get back in to the turbo game since it's been 3 years now. This thing could really move with proper cams, some tuning, and headers.

BTW that Camaro SS is supposedly the car that Vortech prototyped their new SC kit on. I saw the IC and though it would be fast... maybe still working out some bugs or something. I didn't see any of his other runs that day to see if he went any quicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAA7dwNsy-U

lol looks like they were working on launch issues or something.... but when he either hooked or actually got in it He was hauling balls man. one point made ya look like u were sitting still.. But either way that was a great run on ur part

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info