I'm Lost

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Well I'm running lean to the point of throwing a "system too lean on bank one" code. Thought I had a bad MAF, replaced that, it helped a bit but the problem is definitely still there. If it helps it's idling like shit, and I'm getting about 12 MPG, the DIC say 16, but theres no way. And that's driving it nice too and staying out of boost. I was thinking possibly front o2...but wouldn't that be throwing a code? Or maybe a vac leak? I had this problem right after the swap and it turned out the supercharger gasket didn't seal right and there was a giant vacuum leak. Or could there be a problem with the tune? Idk, I'm lost, any ideas?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Do you have an IC? Also, ALWAYS use RTV on SC gasket...yeah, yeah I know it's not "needed"....but 75% of the time a dry install leaks...and a motor with performance in mind (aka more boost) will blow out the gasket that's only designed for 7-8 lbs boost.

I like to put a light even coat of black rtv on both sides of the gasket...let it hang until tacky, then install.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• GTwolf
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list