I love my car, but...

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
I swear no matter how much money I pour into this fucking car it just won't run right. Everything's finally done then my MAF takes a shit out of no where so my car's been running like shit and the lean fuel is making it backfire like a motherfucker on idle. AND I looked in my coolant today, I JUST flushed it and switched to the green stuff, and THERE'S STILL BLACK SHIT IN THE COOLANT, you've gotta be fucking kidding me. And my alternator took a shit, bought a new one already but still, another thing to add to the fucking list. I've replaced the majority of the engine and suspension and I'm still having issues, I just don't get it.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
why thank you, and unless anything has changes swears arent punished or prohibited around here

Anytime. Ok cool, it's like that on grandprixforums, I asked about it in a thread and some guy replied "My 11 year old son surfs this forum so so do other peoples' kids". I was like wtf, well why are little kids surfing car forums, and if he's actually that mature that he knows what anything on there means, I'm sure he's heard swear words before.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Cars get old, stuff breaks. Was stuff happening since you owned it or just recently? I assume this car is paid off, so think about it this way. No matter how much stuff breaks on the car you still probably wont be paying anywhere close to what a new(er) cars car-payment would be. Did you flush the coolant with a machine or just a drain and fill?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
It's an 11 year old modified car... What do you expect? :hs:

My camaro is now 12 years old.... hard to look at it that way.... but its the truth,

and yeah, cars get old and stuff goes wrong / breaks.....leaky oil pan here after the cam install.....

eh,

i do have a new truck, thats racking up the miles already....:squint:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
why thank you, and unless anything has changes swears arent punished or prohibited around here
Where have you been James??? I've missed you.

Cars wear out, shit needs to be replaced. My wifes car is one thing after another.... All suspension was just replaced, tires, alignment, now it needs brakes soon.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Look at it this way man... your old paid for (hopefully) car doesn't come with a monthly payment which should cover the costs of the repairs on the car. If you don't feel like wrenching on the shitty little problems then find a reputable shop to do them for you. Save the upgrade wrenching for yourself and enjoy it.

It's always hard to see past all the little things killing your enjoyment of a car, but it happens to the best of us. Just work through the biggest problems first and get back to a place where you enjoy driving it! Hate when the TA does that to me... I was there with it several times this past summer.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Fixin stuff is always part of the game. just keep driving it and fixing it. pretty soon you'll know everything about it and never want to get rid of it.

the little things always get me pretty bent too... these cars are getting old

just be happy you aren't driving something where you cant even find the oil filter cause it is covered in plastic, or only makes 85 horsepower.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
I swear literally all the time. Fuck.

When u start seeing problems like this tho, I think the first thing you need to ask yourself is "is this the car I really want". Every time my TA acts up on me, Im frustrated but I feel completely justified dumping money into it because it really is the car that i want.

Yeah, that's exactly why I still own this car. I love it too much to get rid of it, even if it does give me shit all the time. I should have my new MAF by Friday, then hopefully things will smooth out. It's crazy that something as small as a $30 sensor can make the car run like complete shit. I love the car, I just try not to think about the thousands of dollars that went straight into that engine. Seeing the scared shitless look on a passengers face when I mash the gas always helps :p

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Look at it this way man... your old paid for (hopefully) car doesn't come with a monthly payment which should cover the costs of the repairs on the car. If you don't feel like wrenching on the shitty little problems then find a reputable shop to do them for you. Save the upgrade wrenching for yourself and enjoy it.

It's always hard to see past all the little things killing your enjoyment of a car, but it happens to the best of us. Just work through the biggest problems first and get back to a place where you enjoy driving it! Hate when the TA does that to me... I was there with it several times this past summer.

Yeah, it's paid off. I paid it in full when I bought it. There's no way I would've taken on this much shit plus a car payment. Sick ride btw, the WS6 is probably my favorite car that doesn't cost at least $200,000.

KagA152

Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Columbus, IN
Ive had one hell of a year. I think its just GPs, they suck.

Started out with a new set of tires on my Comp G wheels, easy enough.

Monroe had a mail in rebate on struts (which I never recieved WTF) so I did struts, mounts, and SSC.

Then control arm bushings, and since I had em off I did ball joints too.

Lowering it took out both axles, one of which was covered by AZ warranty, fair enough.

Everything was good, did a 3k mile road trip in May.

Skip ahead to June, no more lock up one day, fluid all burned to hell. I think the two 1k+ mile days at 80 mph killed it (I had a GM cooler)

Sell my quad for a TEP trans. Found a post on ClubGP for a ported blower, ssic, TOGS, and injectors and I did have quad money left over, so I buy all that and a VS cam, Racetronix, and some other goodies.

Put everything back together end of July, snout was bad and the headers leaked, fuck.

So I put my 12xxxx snout back on, thats good. Headers still leaking to this day.

Drove to Woodward Dream Cruise, all good. On the way home developed a little trans problem, Dave at TEP was awesome and took care of it under the warranty.

Got on it one day, the motor mount collapsed, so now I have a new motor and trans mount with a lifetime warranty.

To this day Im still running the stock injectors and throttle body with a 3.4 (have 42s, N*, and 3.0 chllin) The car needs to be aligned badly since dave had the subframe down, and did I mention the fucking headers leak? Oh, and now it keeps setting a o2 code. I know the rear flange is warped from the last time i had them off, not badly, but enough that rtv on both sides of the gasket didnt last for long.

So yeah, maybe you can feel a little better about your car.

/RANT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info