im beginning to think. most diesel truck guys are "ricers"

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
shit. i look at all these trucks, and they are seriously outfitted with every accessory possible from cabellas i believe... and then every sticker for anything you can imagine on the windows/truck.

i hate the term ricer... but when you put vent visors, ugly wheels, lots of stickers, and running boards on your truck, it isnt better.

it looks not good.

or... calling every sort of performance tune- a "chip" and using the word: "chipped"

examples:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260487039505&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#v4-38

holy chrome gas cap, door handles... sweet visor... awesome stickers..... and window visors.

put those things on a civic- hed be considered a ricer.

another one:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1401247224.html

3k93m83ld5Of5S75R19a2fca04f1999ba1b69.jpg

there ya go- good sticker on the back window.

o and its included as an option in the truck:

also, its my fave: "chipped"

This is a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Diesel! It's an automatic. It is the LT Package. It has been chipped with an EDGE chip! All injector updates have been done. Nice harley davidson (rear window) and duramax diesel (hood) decals. 123k miles and is in EXCELLENT condition. Asking $17,000 obo. Do not need the money so serious offers only!! I do not check my email often so please contact by phone if you are interested in seeing pictures. Ask for Mark at 1-815-947-2931 or 1-815-275-7126. Please call after 4 pm on weekdays.
im going to continue to add to this thread as i become annoyed.

dont get me wrong, there are plenty of clean, badass, awesomely built, clean trucks out there. but come on.

/rant.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I think its all a opinion. How someone does up a car could be rice to some or nice to another. My car has been called rice because I have clear turn signals and red painted calipers. I don't really think its rice, but some do. A far as those first trucks posted, I do agree and think they are truck rice. I wouldn't overlook them though, if you see a good deal why not look into it. Most ricer parts can be removed/replaced easy. A truck that is riced up a bit might scare away some people and bring the price down.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I think its all a opinion. How someone does up a car could be rice to some or nice to another. My car has been called rice because I have clear turn signals and red painted calipers. I don't really think its rice, but some do. A far as those first trucks posted, I do agree and think they are truck rice. I wouldn't overlook them though, if you see a good deal why not look into it. Most ricer parts can be removed/replaced easy. A truck that is riced up a bit might scare away some people and bring the price down.
You're rice. Red calipers = rice

red means stop everyone knows that. No need to advertise.

79vette

Wrenching
Feb 10, 2009
Batavia
I dunno, some people feel the need to put crap all over there vehicals to make them stick out. I got a turbo back exhaust and cold air intake. I did it simply for the mileage increases, which were significant. If my vette would stop sucking all my time and money, I might do some more things to my cummins, but as of right now its pretty stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info