CHICAGO Body Shop Recommendation

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
800-1000 is cheap
why do people think what we do is always so expensive?? really im getting tired of it, labor is costly, body and paint labor, material, what do you think we touch the car with a magic wand and we goo POOF!! its fixed
wow!!!

easy big fella, we do not know the extent of the damage. we have not seen pictures nor have we seen / heard an itemized list of work to be performed. And 800-1000 bucks for anyone short of making 6 figures is alot of dough right now...

mechanical along with body work / techs have all of my respect.... rebuilding and fixing all sorts of stuff.....

.....keep us posted with your situation

Freddy

Addict
Jan 15, 2008
Chicago
I thought it was high because when I had a front end collision where they had to replace the whole bumper, fog lights, some safety metal bar behind the bumper cover, paint, labor, etc, it was just over $1,000. This hit and run is a crack about 8 inches long with scuffs and dents all in the same area.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
I rearended someone and had $2700 worth of damage... for this!

picture.php

After some bending and adjusting and you cant even tell I rearended someone.

so is this gonna be a claim or out of pocket? if its a claim i would suggest autohaus..
they are pricey but they have great customer service. its near northbrook. they did a great job when i got into a accident. it a long time but it was some serious damage.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
yeah, I had to claim it since we made a police report and it was my fault but the only thing REALLY damaged was the hood. You can sort of see a crease in the hood and on the passenger side, its pushed up a little, but you really cant notice it unless I mention it to you. So.... I just pocketed the money.

Freddy

Addict
Jan 15, 2008
Chicago
Wait, so if you file a police report for a hit and run, do you have to claim with the insurance?

My family reported to the police but they decided to pay cash without using insurance. The car was taken to the $800 shop for a few days and we already got it back; it doesn't look like it was ever hit! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info