Double D and I went to the Junk Yard Today (Pics)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Double D and I went to the junk yard in Elgin today to look for some misc race car partz. As we walked around we noticed alot of undamaged and very clean trunks and vans. These were "cash for clunker" vehicles and it was noted that the engine was damaged. I was amazed on how clean and seemly perfectly normal some of these cars looked. A few were only a few years old!

nv76dd.jpg

I turned to Double D and said to him "I wonder where that cash for clunker Grand National is?" No more than a minute later we turn a corner and see this.

2re49x4.jpg

149v1vk.jpg

Double D pointed out that this wasn't a authentic Grand National, but it still was crazy to see this Turbo 3800 in the junk yard. The motor was gone, but still alot of parts were available including this Sparco Intercooler Double D bought for $35.

11rdpn8.jpg

Nothing else really interesting in the junkyard besides some pedo vans. :pedobear:

ighwlu.jpg

and some big wrecks. :noes:

2nqz9rk.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
You went to that one too? I haven't been there in quite awhile but the best thing i ever found there was an M62 blower off a series 1 3800... and that Black Monte Carlo with the NASCAR stickers all over it.

The Aurora yard has alot of 3800's (one 00+ bonnie) but they pretty much have been picked though by James and crew and probably Bob and Voytec.

But if you need anything but a motor for a truck/suv/van goto the Elgin u-pull-it so much nice shit.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
That was a good trip. Picked up the center cap out of the grand national rim...

lots of free stuff too. There is a good 4t65E at the aurora yard waiting to be pulled by someone. it's in a white regal. There should also be a 90% pulled L36 out of a blue regal. some newb needed a trans while we were there.

good times. I need to go back to the elgin yard to get some parts for the roadmaster! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info