My Ford nightmare! Dropping the axle AGAIN

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Ok so yea. My 2nd diff has a slight howl to it, just like the 1st one did right before it got real bad after the MFBA spring cruise.

I talked to the guy that built it again. Despite my original purchase being in March '09, he's going to warranty replace the 3rd member AGAIN for me. This time I'm changing ratios, up to a 4.00 (10p40r). He's building another entire unit and actually hand delivering it to me late Sunday night while he drives thru Illinois to some salt flat races in Utah.

Long story short, car is going up in the air again now to get the axle out and the 3rd member crated for exchange.

Good news is, very little downtime this time... and no shipping costs. I should be back in business in time for the dyno night and the fall track day no problem.

I swear, I should be able to swap axles in fbody's now blindfolded. :rollpicard:

Car goes up in the air tonight. Wish me luck. I think a couple Bru's might be swinging by to help.. if anyone else is available... feel free to swing by to point and laugh at me. :bowrofl:

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
2vtv7t0.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Mark and I are going to tag team Dan's third member tonight.

Mark, could I get a ride up there? Tomorrow me and Billy may be able to pick you up on our way up there. I'll probably be taking the GTP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info