Chrysler 2.4 #4 cylinder misfire

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Car was running perfect yesterday (sunday) but today i start up the PT (2001 with almost 91K miles) to go to work and the motor is running super rough. It was similar to when my cam shaft sensor was going, but it wasn't throwing a code. It stopped being a dick when it got warmed up, but it was doing the same thing when i was driving home. It finally threw a code when i was driving home, P0304. This code means that it's detecting a misfire in the #4 cylinder.

Anyone with the Chrysler 2.4 (turbo or non) have any problems like this arise? Could it be that i need too replace my timing belt soon (per owners manual)? I'm going to see how she runs tomorrow, if this shit still happens i'll take it into the shop on my next day off. But if anyone has some insight, please share it.

Thanks guys,

Poops

Poopshinanigans

Nov 18, 2007
I think doing that will be pretty easy, the number 4 can be changed without taking the intake manifold off. I'll give that a try and see if the plug is fouled any. This seems weird because i drove to chicago yesterday and the thing was running like usual ( which for a PT isn't great, but i deal).

Poopshinanigans

Nov 18, 2007
well primalzer and i decided to go buy a timing light to see how things are going. There is spark going to that cylinder and the fucking thing is running fine today. just to make sure it wasn't caused by an injector we Seafoamed the fucking thing. We'll see if it has trouble tomorrow.

Poopshinanigans

Nov 18, 2007
I tried getting the TDi sportwagen a couple months ago. But VW doesn't let you order what you want from the factory, you have to wait till something close to what you want comes into the dock. So i'm waiting for the '10.

SVO is still sitting in the driveway. I've been busy with work and lazy on my days off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info