As the days draw near to Project 5.0, Who works for a good machine shop?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just looked at the print. Looks simple enough (great work on the print). Just have to see what kind of stock i have at work. On the second print you have it as a weldment. Mind if i make it out of a single pcs milling out the step since its only 7/8 tall?

Print was/is done by a member of TRS *The ranger station*.

if you made it out of a single piece would it still be identical to the diagram?

Basically this bracket would be going from an engine mount, straight to the motor *to essentially make 'stock' V-6 mounts work.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Arent there a ton of companies that already sell mounts for this swap?

Nope. My swap is rather 'unique' Very few people swap 1998+ 2WD trucks, even fewer turn them into more aggressive 'street' trucks. Lots of swapped 4X4's, and the 4X4's throughout the year/model range have OEM or custom mounts you can buy, but 1998 is the first year of the coil spring front end on ranger, so it needs custom bracket plates to mount the 5.0 too.

But why pay $20 when you can spend hours and hours of time to get it for $10 haha.

Seriously, they don't make them, I've checked :(, there are only maybe a dozen 98+ V-8 2wd rangers out there, one is 'DeRanged *the 6.0 Diesel one*, and another is the "Thunder Bolt SVT" ford project.

E

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
State of Confusion
Real Name
E
Print was/is done by a member of TRS *The ranger station*.

if you made it out of a single piece would it still be identical to the diagram?

Basically this bracket would be going from an engine mount, straight to the motor *to essentially make 'stock' V-6 mounts work.

It would be exactly the same minus the support tabs since it will not need it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info