tube for slicks

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
i bought a set of QTPS and one of the slick side wall have a tiny little cracked. just to be on the safe side i thought i'd install tubes in them. phat gtp said there's a shop by his place install them, but that's kind of too far of a drive for me so i thought i ask around here. i'll check around tires shop in my area tomorrow.

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
here's a pic you guys tell me if it's ok to run without tubes. the cracks only on one side of one slick.

IMG_0677.jpg

they are still good. my ET Streets looked like that. sidewall just crackles a little from prolly have really low air pressure in the tire and the weight of a car on it. i ran tubes just to be safe cause i only ran 12psi on my slicks on the GT, and it hooked the best between 12-15. if hte tire says tube type on it , yes it can use them, and its best to run them in them because that tire is a soft sidewall to have with just air in it. slap some tubes in and then bead screw the tires to the rim.

what does your GT have that your needing slicks for?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info