Which tire?

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
Depends on what kind of riding you do. I have pilot powers and I like them for cornering. I hear they don't last as long though cause they are a lot softer than most tires.

cornering is my fav thing to do on the bike but i also dont wanna be replacing tires every couple months either lol im still deciding but i need some more opinions

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
I ran the Shinko 003 on all my bikes... But if cornering is your thing think twice.
Shinko-003.gif

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
So bringing up an old thread. What would you guys recomend for a bike more geared for striaght line. Ocassional track mainly street. I'm figuring rear tire I will go through one every season and front just needs to be replaced cause it might be the origanal tire. What do you guys recommend to look into??

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
So bringing up an old thread. What would you guys recomend for a bike more geared for striaght line. Ocassional track mainly street. I'm figuring rear tire I will go through one every season and front just needs to be replaced cause it might be the origanal tire. What do you guys recommend to look into??

Well, I haven't been up on tires for awhile...but I can steer you away from a softer front tire. You are more likely to encounter head shake issues when accelerating hard.

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
well there you go,but what are you lookin to do with the bike? drag race,highway blasts,canyon carving?

Looks like its setup for 1 thing and thats going fast in a foward position. :bigthumb:

With the exstended arm,pretty much cancel out any big turns and anything else you can still pretty much do.

leo

Oct 30, 2008
for mostly str8line atuff,i agree with the shinko. for the original poster,go Metzler M3!!! great cornering radious, nice semi-soft blend that will grip but las a whole summer! iv had pilot sport, pilot race, pilot 2ct, diablos, qualifiers, and conti-sports, and i will keep going back to metzler from now on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info