Its Official.

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
Have fun man. First few weeks suck, but shits easy. Just get used to no sleep at all and lots of long, boring classes. BEAST is easy as FUCK.

What AFSC did you ship with?

Also, 324th Knights are the best fucking Squadron. (I'm biased)

Open General. My ASVAB is a 96, so job selection into an Intel field should be cake, all things considered. Ill put together a packet for OCS and see if ill be accepted for a pilot training slot while in-service, but that's not for a couple of years or so.

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
Open General. My ASVAB is a 96, so job selection into an Intel field should be cake, all things considered. Ill put together a packet for OCS and see if ill be accepted for a pilot training slot while in-service, but that's not for a couple of years or so.

Thats not exactly how it works. Going in open in your 2nd/3rd week you'll go to the processing building and you'll pick from a list of jobs in which the air force has open for you're group at that time. You can only pick from these jobs, and you have to do an "interview" a week afterwards. In June the list for General was small, and didn't have any intel. And of course the Air Force reseves all right to assign you whatever job they want.

(*** do not take this as me being mean, its just what I got to experience going in Open Mechanical***)

With that said, welcome to the Air Force. And I had a great experience in basic, along with going in Open Mechanical I was lucky enough to get my #1 choice which is also a brand new AFSC. Good Luck man!

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
Thats not exactly how it works. Going in open in your 2nd/3rd week you'll go to the processing building and you'll pick from a list of jobs in which the air force has open for you're group at that time. You can only pick from these jobs, and you have to do an "interview" a week afterwards. In June the list for General was small, and didn't have any intel. And of course the Air Force reseves all right to assign you whatever job they want.

(*** do not take this as me being mean, its just what I got to experience going in Open Mechanical***)

With that said, welcome to the Air Force. And I had a great experience in basic, along with going in Open Mechanical I was lucky enough to get my #1 choice which is also a brand new AFSC. Good Luck man!

Yep I do know that the USAF could assign me any job, but at this point any job in the USAF>best buy PT retail

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info