looking to buy a plow truck

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
fuck dodge trucks.

i have had 3 buddies with dodeges of that body style... and just problem after problem...

heres what you should get...

short wheel base... k5 blazers are the small plow business/operator's wet dream

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/1371544233.html

Our 02 Durango has almost 95K, and besides regular maintenance all we replaced is the battery and a idle air controller. That's pretty good for a Dodge :dunno:

Dad had K5 blazer for snow plow one year, solid truck, no issues, got it cheap. Truck was "paid off" in no time from plowing.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Our 02 Durango has almost 95K, and besides regular maintenance all we replaced is the battery and a idle air controller. That's pretty good for a Dodge :dunno:

Dad had K5 blazer for snow plow one year, solid truck, no issues, got it cheap. Truck was "paid off" in no time from plowing.

hardly used as a truck though... :wink:

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
why over a k5?

Mostly because any k5 i've seen used for plowing doesn't have a floor anymore, and the body mounts are also missing lol. There is that, and how useful is having a back seat when your plowing? I think you get a lot more use out of having a bed instead. This way you can just toss in open bags of salt, some shovels and a snowblower and still have a decent cab. I guess i just prefer k pickups just because thats what we use and see great results with.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Mostly because any k5 i've seen used for plowing doesn't have a floor anymore, and the body mounts are also missing lol. There is that, and how useful is having a back seat when your plowing? I think you get a lot more use out of having a bed instead. This way you can just toss in open bags of salt, some shovels and a snowblower and still have a decent cab. I guess i just prefer k pickups just because thats what we use and see great results with.

understandable... the companies that i know of with k5's wouldnt give them up for the world... you are right about the floors tho... then you just put loads of salt in tha back of it, and as you plow, the vibrations from lack of body mounts, and holes in the floor- boom you got a salter. :wink:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I've driven some real shitty plow trucks. K5 blazer, bronco, 1500. I'd say the 1500 was indeed the best. I hated the blazer but that was because above the windshield was rusted pretty bad and would leak water on my leg. A rag and 2 things of silicone did the trick. Haha

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
understandable... the companies that i know of with k5's wouldnt give them up for the world... you are right about the floors tho... then you just put loads of salt in tha back of it, and as you plow, the vibrations from lack of body mounts, and holes in the floor- boom you got a salter. :wink:

ahaha exactly! My buddies k5 didnt have a single solid section of floor, but the worst was a giant hole right above a bad exhaust leak lol. He was always a little loopy after a night of plowing. Oh yea and there wasnt a working seatbelt because all of the belt anchors rusted and broke off. What a gem

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info