no heat! fans took a dump

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
hey guys, the blower motor on my 92 z24 cavalier decided to stop working recently. i have power to the relay, and i can jump it at the relay harness to start the fan. tested the relay and it seemed ok, theres a short somewhere because it keeps popping the fuse. i tested the resistance of the blower motor resistors and those were what they should be and had no shorts, tested the blower motor, checked to see what the start up current was, it spiked to 53amps, so i assumed the motor was bad so i replaced it with a new unit, put a new blower motor fuse in and as soon as i turned it on it popped the fuse again. what do you guys think? im open to suggestions.

thanks

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
well my instructor and i finally figured out what was wrong with my car. turns out a wire coming out of the alternator was the culprit, was pinned between the alternator and my valve cover and eventually wore through. for whatever reason thats on the same fuse as my heater/ac. threw in a new section of wire and its good as new. thanks for your help guys.
oh and btw, the 53 amp spike was because the batteries in the low amp probe were dead lol, checked it again and it was something like 21amps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• L
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list