Miata motor rebuild time......

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
after bad luck with 2 used engines (1st one went back due to 80% leakdown on Cyl #1 and 60% on cyl #4 (mind you our broke miata was 80% on #2) ..and then the 2nd engine had even more issues I won't go into so it was returned for refund as well...

so the decision was made to just rebuild mine since the block (fortunately enough) was NOT scored.

so pretty with brand new pistons installed:

0Stuff048.jpg

and here is just before the oil pan went back on:

0Stuff046.jpg

0Stuff047.jpg
..some progress again:

0Stuff076.jpg

0Stuff077.jpg

0Stuff078.jpg

0Stuff079.jpg

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
I heart Miatas. We just saw about 20 or more spec miatas at Autobahn CC on Friday. All 20 of them going from a standing start was the most hilarious noise I've ever heard in my life. It was like 50 million bumble bees all taking off at once right next to your ear.

Shoulda painted that block, though, dood.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
That's too funny. Those Miata motors look almost identical to mine. Even the bore spacing looks familiar. Makes me wonder who they both ripped off their engine designs from. (Honda maybe...)

It's a 4 cyl. DOHC, they all look very similar, look at a Nissan SR20, or a GM EcoTech 2.4, shit even a GM Quad 4, they all look very similar without accessories and a valve cover........... Oil filter location does look very honda-ish though :dunno:

And to the OP, good luck with the rebuild

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info