oooo dooo want. cts-v done right.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
built oooo so right...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=5584&sort=1&cat=23&page=2

It makes me sick to even consider putting my V up for sale considering I've only had her for about 3 months. It's the first car I can ever say I've really loved. However, yesterday I found out that my wife is pregnant (actually 13 weeks along to boot!) with what will be my first child... and my love for my wife and child are greater than that for my car (but only barely). Actually part of it is I canā€™t stomach the idea of a baby throwing up over the beautiful swaaaaaade seats.

First things first, this is not your father's Cadillac. If you are looking for a calm and sedated car this is not it. However if you are looking for a Cadillac that will get the thumbs up, praise and attention of anyone with appreciation for cars then look no further. I drove a World Rally Blue Subaru WRX for 7 years before I bought the V, and in 3 months Iā€™ve gotten more positive comments about the car than in those 7 previous years.

Some basic facts about her that you'll want:

Black on black (is there any other combination?)
60800 miles but I drive it about 100 miles or so per week. Usually less.
No issues with anything I've noticed.

This V was built up by a previous Cadillac forum member and purchased by me in May. The engine is a 457 cubic inch LS7 based motor with about 10000 miles on it. It's entirely forged with fully ported L92 heads and L76 intake. After purchase I took her to Vengeance Racing in Cumming, GA for a check-up and tune. I've attached the dyno sheet. 474rwhp and 521rwtq.... and most of that TQ is available pretty much at idle.

The next best thing on the build sheet (or maybe even THE best) is the Madman Racing Ford 9 inch rear end. Wheel hop? No such thing. And no worries about grenading rear diffs. According to the previous owner the rear has less than 5000 miles on it, including the mileage Iā€™ve put on it which is about 2000 miles total and half of that was highway miles driving it back from Austin, TX to Atlanta, GA.

The headers are Kooks 1Ā¾ and thereā€™s a full custom exhaust behind that. The thing sounds incredible.

The previous owner also had installed Hotchkiss Front and Rear Anti-sway bars.

Additionally, SINCE I've bought the V I've done the following:

Hyperblack Rota Torques with brand new Goodyear Eagle F1s (245/45-18)
UUC Short throw with Leather wrapped knob
Goodridge Stainless lines and Motul 600 fluid
Rear strut bar (from Luke @ Lindsey)
Rear flush mount spoiler
Blacked out front side markers
Blacked out front fogs (did this myself... wasn't super happy with the results so I'm in the process of replacing these)
Corvette LS7 Fuel Rail Covers
Z06 Endlinks and Hotchkiss anti-clunk kit
160 degree thermostat
Custom brake ducting to the front hubs (you can see the pics here on the forums)

Just looking at that list... that's over $3000 in mods in the last 3 months.

In addition to that here's a list of "spares" that will be included:

4 stockers with Sumitomo HTR ZIII (245/45-18) - Amazingly good traction imo
2 x 265/40R18 Mickey Thompson Drag Radials (Brand New and unmounted)
4 x 245/35-18 Hoosier R6s (unmounted but usedā€¦ not by me. Bought used for my next track day)
2 x 245/40-18 Hoosier R6s (unmounted but usedā€¦ not by me. Bought used for my next track day)
2 front rotors - brand new OEM take offs
Brand new unmounted Carobtec race brake pads ā€“ Front XP12s and Rear XP10s
EFI Live Data Cable (I only have the cable since Iā€™ve been using my friendā€™s scanner tool. However I have a license for my car which I believe could be transferred to another scan tool.)

Keep in mind that these spares alone represent over $2500 in parts.

The car has been raced one time (about 1:30 total track time in 5 separate 15-20 min sessions and less than 100 miles) at a HPDE at Road Atlanta. The V acted like it was built for the trackā€¦ which it pretty much was. I was on the Sumitomos and pulled 1.17 and 1.11 on the onboard g-meter. The only 2 cars that stood any sort of chance at keeping up with me were my friendā€™s heavily modified C5 Z06 and a Nissan-GTR (this was with E46 M3s, Lotus Elises, and a Porsche or 2 on the track).

The next step was to put either the KW coilovers or QA1s with GC springs on it. That in combination with the R-comps would make this car unbelievable and unstoppable.

I bought the aforementioned drag radials with the intention of taking the V to the strip but I never got around to that. However on the drag radials I wouldnā€™t be surprised if she would pull 11.6-12.0 at the 1/4.

Iā€™ll get her all nice and polished up, take some video and post it on YouTube.

Again, this isnā€™t a ā€œsleeperā€. Once itā€™s fired up everyone will have a relatively good idea exactly what itā€™s capable of.

Itā€™s truly an amazing car and my hat goes off to the build-up and the builder. Iā€™m not in a financial bind or in a rush to sell it so please donā€™t send me crazy low-ball offers.

The main reason Iā€™m selling it is because I bought this car to be a DD/track car and I KNOW I wonā€™t have the chance to use it as such over the next few years. Iā€™d rather give someone else the chance to use her to her potential.

As you can see I've tried to be as honest and upfront as possible. I'll answer any questions you send my way. I'd love to pass her onto someone that will truly appreciate how unique and amazing she is.

If anyone has Andy Pilgramā€™s number see if heā€™s looking for a daily driver.
smile.gif

FrontQuarterViewRed.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info