I am the anti HID guy

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I swear to christ these things hate me. So I originally bought a set for my old GP. One ballast and one bulb DOA and since it was an ebay buy, the seller wanted nothing to do with it. Never did end up fixing that.

Bought lows and highs for the Regal. Both work for awhile. Then a low bulb and a high ballast decide to remove themselves from the situation. Bought a WBS set minus one ballast from SDD. Replace both lows and kept one as a spare, and replaced the ballast that died for the highs.

Fast forward to today. Doing a final check on the car before I leave for a trip. The other high ballast is done. :roflpicard: I should have just stuck with halogens for the highs. Silverstars dont last long, but the highs arent used as much. Half of my trip will be done during the night. Hence why I wanted them to work.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
eh i just stick to stock halogens after the crap i went through with my old hid kit in my sebring...

The lights on the Regal blow away the GPs stock for stock. I got the HIDs from ZZPs woot sale a year ago, so that made me greedy and wanted them again. With GTPKennys link, that places them even cheaper then I got the ones from ZZP.

I might buy a couple sets just to have backups. HAHA. Ill probably end up going with silverstar highs and leave the HID lows. I know there is a write up on regalgs to have the highs and lows come on at the same time. Ill probably look into that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info