Friend messed my car Up

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I just got back from out of town and left my car at a friends near the airport. I left him my keys in case he needed to move my car. I get back a few days later and start my car up to find my car idleing really really rough and making a very loud exhaust noise and it smells a lot like gas. My car. Does not sound the same and it has no power when you give it gas. A lot of vibrationaround the1000-2000 rpm range. He won't tell me what he did. Evidently he just started it up and drove it around even though I was missing a quarter tank of gas. I am going to check the plugs tonight. Does this sound as bad as I think it is. I think he blew the motor. Thanks andy c

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
:eek: That sucks, might be a spark plug wire fell off or something of the sort, but who knows. First thing i would do as you already stated is check the plugs and find out if any are smashed or covered in gas. Could be simple, could be horrible.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
If it's 93 octane that shouldn't change the way the car runs/drives even with an E85 tune. The fuel trims can account for that, trust me i know this.However, if it was tuned for E85 and he put in 93 he might have chipped the hell out of a piston.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Good news... It turned out that my ignition module was messed up. I am glad I didn't have to kill my buddy. It cost me $430, but I didn't care at all because my motor is ok. Thanks for the advice though. I eliminated all of those options out and saw that cylinders 1 and 4 were not getting that much spark at all from the looks of them. I re-applied the wires so they were all snug...a couple were a little loose. I took it to a shop because I have been workin the 12 hour shifts and could never get my car in until I had a day off.

On a side note, SHOmuff I wish I was a rich mother fucker...instead I am just a fucker of your mother. All jokes aside, I am sorry if your mom is not well and that was offensive to you. I think I might try and save money to go TURBO. I want to get my current set-up intercooled, but the kit I had set up to buy didn't end up working out.

I was thinking of getting one of the kits from ZZP. I think I am going to go for the ZZP Z7 kit, but the Stattama kit looks pretty crucial too. Anyone know about turbo kits and which one is best? What are the advantages of buying the Stattama kit which is more expensive over the Z7 kit ? The Z7 kit claims to be much easier to install but I would want a nice sized ball bearing turbo for a heads and cam set-up, which I do not think is an option for the Z7 kit. Any and all advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Andy C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info