Tires

G

Grabber

I've personally gone through about 15 sets of tires in my life.

For under 129, You can get Continental Contisportextremes for $89 a tire, and they are great at higher speeds, after 25K miles on a previous car, they had more than half tread left, and they are very quiet and friendly to snow and ice.

Also, you can get the new BFGoodrich SuperSports. I spent $600 shipped and installed for 4 new ones. I have those on my Cobra. Now, that was on a 275/40/17, so I'd imagine you would spend a decent amount less.

Both of these tires are great, and would probably do better than Hankooks, Nankangs, which are more of a generic tire. Not to say anything bad.

Check this site out. They sell the Continentals and are available in Addison IL for pickup.

http://www.tiresdirect.net/?CFID=1073206&CFTOKEN=96818567

Good luck.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Honestly the summer tires I have on my car right now are not too bad. They are not DOT slicks or anything...here's a picture...
NankangNS-II.jpg

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
I'll toss in another recommendation for BFG Traction T/A's.
Excellent in rain and snow and very decent in the summer.
We have them on our van now and I had them on our BMW when we owned it.
On the BMW I replaced the stock Michelins and was very impressed with the all-season handling. Very noticeable improvement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info