Any Mustang GT guys want to trade me their solid rear for my IRS?

G

Grabber

The rear in Cobra's mainly goes to due driver error. Most people ignore wheel hop, or launch way to hard out of the hole, and don't realize what is going on.

SVTkid- remember Jimbo from CSVT? He has the Stock IRS and was making 600+RWHP cutting 1.5 60's with just a brace. He did that a lot too.

But, SRA's are great, I am thinking after a TS blower, I will switch it up.

If you guys need help with the swap, I am always game for learning and helping(I'm pretty mechanically inclined, just never did a rear end)

E

ez112

How serisous are you about this? Who's going to do the work?

What gears are on the IRS?

I know a GT owner who was asking me if I knew anyone that would trade him gears for his 4.10's. But if you'll swap out the whole rear end I think he would be game.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
The rear in Cobra's mainly goes to due driver error. Most people ignore wheel hop, or launch way to hard out of the hole, and don't realize what is going on.

SVTkid- remember Jimbo from CSVT? He has the Stock IRS and was making 600+RWHP cutting 1.5 60's with just a brace. He did that a lot too...

Who is this Jimbo guy, I need to take lessons on how to fry my clutch properly? :rollpicard:

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Get some cajones... even my wife launches on IRS hard ;)

PQ5D3562-vi.jpg

7-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info