Any opinions?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Started shopping again, Something in the 7-10K ranger, 2004 or newer, 4 door, Stick.

REALLLLY like the Sentra SE-R Spec V's, anything else that I should be test driving in this price range? (Only other one I'm after is a 05+ Focus ST, can't think of much else?)

03.nissan.sentra.se-rspecv.f34.500.jpg
*Yes, its an 03, but w/e*

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i know its not stick, but have you considered an Impala LS?

Have you considered no?

The countours are too old to get any kind of financing on (I wanna put like 2-3K down to help build my credit back a bit)

I'm REALLY hesitant on SRT-4's because
A) Manual rear windows... Retarded...
B) Reliability *Most I see are 60-80K, I know the sentra will last, but will the SRT? and also, if I get an extended warranty, where would it get serviced?
C) Mods, almost EVERY single one I've seen is modded in some way, or if its not, has a huge markup because its at a big dealer or carmax.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
they are nice cars. they are what i went out first to go look at for a new car.

what about a cobalt SS/SC?
or even going back to a mustang? 2v'er? :)

but my buddy is selling his black se-r spec-v that's got some nice, mild mods for a pretty good price. let me know.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
they are nice cars. they are what i went out first to go look at for a new car.

what about a cobalt SS/SC?
or even going back to a mustang? 2v'er? :)

but my buddy is selling his black se-r spec-v that's got some nice, mild mods for a pretty good price. let me know.

SS/SC's prices have kinda flat-lined at 12/13K, Can't find any for under 10 yet.

I'd LOVE a mustang again, but every 'decent' one is snapped up in a heart beat, as well as its difficult to finance a pre-04 model *And of course, all 04 models are typically above 10K*

Anyone ever drive a focus ST here? Any 04 EP civic SI fans? (I know its a hatch, but I'm seeing them go pretty cheap too, what do RSX's go for now?)

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
IDK, but I see 2000 SVT Contour's around all of the time, with less than 70K. They are great, I wouldn't have kept mine for almost 5 years if it wasn't. They don't take too well to mods and are generally expensive to mod, but as a DD, I couldn't have asked for anything better. I have always been kind "meh" about the sentra's. I have two guys that I work with, with sentra's (one an SE-R V-Spec the other the standard 1.8), and both of them have issues whether it be clutch or shit falling apart, or just general shit. I seriously looked at Focus ST's before I got my PTGT. They are hard to find, and the ones I did find either had the gay factory body kit on it or were over-priced. I've heard that they are pretty nice, I know the transmission is good, same one that's in the Contour. Don't expect anything too quick though, it only has like 150 hp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info