So I ordered some new pistons tonight...

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Dud with that compression and fueling upgrades you should consider e85.

Hmmm, not a bad idea. Do you think 36lb injectors would suffice on an N/A motor? Stock are 21lb, and they are at about 70% duty cycle right now. Im not sure if my stock pump is up to muster for that either. Ive got a rewire, but a walbro 255 isnt that expensive either.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Mini valves...

Yeah, it's the new fad on cam designs to go big on lift even if the heads won't support the flow. It won't hurt though (unless there is interference!)

Actually ron, the heads I have outflow the intense stage three, even while stock. Mine are ported, but I dont have flow numbers for them. They only costed me $300 + $200ish for some comp cams valvsprings, locks and retainers. My motor was blessed with aluminum heads from the factory.

What all needs to be done to convert to E85? I know larger injectors are a must because stoich is something like 9.7. There is so much argument about fuel lines, pumps, etc and what needs to be changed that I cant discern what actually HAS to be done. I know any newer car should be tolerant to ethanol for the most part, since gasoline already has 10% ethanol added anyways.

Another note- I just bought some forged scat H beams too.:gives:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
People argue over the fuel lines needing to be upgraded. I havent read much about it but that is something to look into.

Injectors would have to be bigger. The L67s I have for you would probably be too small. Id opt for a fuel pump as well as a just in case.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
People argue over the fuel lines needing to be upgraded. I havent read much about it but that is something to look into.

Injectors would have to be bigger. The L67s I have for you would probably be too small. Id opt for a fuel pump as well as a just in case.

Ive gotta pick those injectors up still :pat:

This is definitely something I wouldnt mind doing down the road. Braided lines are more expensive than a damn fuel pump unfortunately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info