Wed nights at GLD (Half Price)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
If you didn't already know its half off ($20) to race at GLD on Wed nights. Ive been to GLD probably 5 times this year on Wed. After not going for a while I went last night. The place was BUSY, like Byron busy, the announcer said over 100 cars in the staging lane at one point. Usually you can hot lap all night on a weekday at GLD, this was not the case. Previous Wed nights have not been like this, I don't know if the word is getting out that GLD is half price on Wed or what. If you are considering going up on a Wed, id suggest not, If you plan on running many times.

Just wanted to share the info :ford:

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
If you didn't already know its half off ($20) to race at GLD on Wed nights. Ive been to GLD probably 5 times this year on Wed. After not going for a while I went last night. The place was BUSY, like Byron busy, the announcer said over 100 cars in the staging lane at one point. Usually you can hot lap all night on a weekday at GLD, this was not the case. Previous Wed nights have not been like this, I don't know if the word is getting out that GLD is half price on Wed or what. If you are considering going up on a Wed, id suggest not, If you plan on running many times.

Just wanted to share the info :ford:

I dont think it was that bad. I mean it was busy, but you gotte count in the fact that the track was closed for an hour cause of a car crash. I still managed to get 5-6 runs in that night. I probably could have gotten 2-3 more runs in if that 1 car had not crashed... 9 runs in a night is pretty good. I dont usually do much more then that anyway.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I dont think it was that bad. I mean it was busy, but you gotte count in the fact that the track was closed for an hour cause of a car crash. I still managed to get 5-6 runs in that night. I probably could have gotten 2-3 more runs in if that 1 car had not crashed... 9 runs in a night is pretty good. I dont usually do much more then that anyway.

I'm more or less saying it was way busier than normal because of the fact that cars were stretched 2 lines deep from the tower to the back of the staging lanes and the guy said 100+ cars were lined up. The track was closed for like a hour when the Ford crashed. Usually on a weekday if you want to race, you pull into the lanes wait a few min and go. The last few times I went, at some times no cars were even racing and people making solo passes.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
20 dollars is half price?

jesus they fuck you guys hard up there...

It's always been 15 at gateway, and it's a wayyyyyyyyyyy nicer track than anything north, save for R66. Prep is generally mediocre though, because I always go when the street tire kids are tearing up all the good rubber getting put down by the quick guys.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
i think 20 is the normal price. so 10 bucks on wednesdays?

Why are you questioning me? When I raced I paid $20, when I watched I paid $12 :rofl:

i think its actually 35 usually... and 20 on weds...

According to the website $40 to race on a weekend, $35 on weekday. Idk people have just been calling Wed "half price" so I stuck with it.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Why are you questioning me? When I raced I paid $20, when I watched I paid $12 :rofl:

According to the website $40 to race on a weekend, $35 on weekday. Idk people have just been calling Wed "half price" so I stuck with it.

i was replying to matt asshat. 40 bucks to race is ridiculous. bryon is way less than that isnt it?

Prevent

ilikemtb999 is my friend
Jun 29, 2009
I got about 12 runs in, i could have done a lot more.. i arrived at 5pm and honestly before about 6:30pm, you could get a run in every two or so minutes..

Ended up having a bad time at the track :(, kept missing gears and shit, got in only one good run... then at the end of the night the track IMO got slippery because my 60' went to all hell

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info