Car Ideas

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Wanna sell me yours;)

Eh, it's worth more to me than the money I'd get for it. I don't think you'd want it anyways, she's got about 95K on the clock now and knocks above 5000 rpm. She ran strong when she was younger though, 12.9 with just exhaust, lid and pulley on stock tires and a 2.17 60'. Honestly though, in that price range, you're best bet is an ls1 f-bod, or maybe a corvette if you can find one cheap enough.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Keep the cobalt and dont mod it any more. You are probably getting the feeling you got in too deep with it, and you likely have. Keep it for what its worth, or not worth, and enjoy it. If you buy another car you will end up spending the money on mods again. Not sure how long you have owned it, but getting out from being upside down on the loan will be tuff as well.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Keep the cobalt and dont mod it any more. You are probably getting the feeling you got in too deep with it, and you likely have. Keep it for what its worth, or not worth, and enjoy it. If you buy another car you will end up spending the money on mods again. Not sure how long you have owned it, but getting out from being upside down on the loan will be tuff as well.

x2. be happy with what uve done with it

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
For the money they're selling at it's hard to beat the performance and potential of an LS1 F-body. The older years are a bit slower due to minor changes in head/intake manifold/gears but if you're going to mod it all those things are going out the window anyways.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
For the money they're selling at it's hard to beat the performance and potential of an LS1 F-body. The older years are a bit slower due to minor changes in head/intake manifold/gears but if you're going to mod it all those things are going out the window anyways.

??? There were no changes to the heads or gears. In 2001 the LS1 got the LS6 intake and a torquier cam, that's where the difference in power came from. Injectors also seemed to vary from year to year with 99 having the smallest injectors, and 98s had a different ECU which is harder to tune. The only advantage the 01s and 02s really have is the ls6 intake, because the cam is actually worse, it gives the car mroe low/mid range torque at the expense of high end HP.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The earlier years had the 2.73 ratio axle. They ditched it in later years. The heads were different castings in 1998. The 1998's also had larger injectors (28 lbs) and more restrictive exhaust manifolds than later years.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The earlier years had the 2.73 ratio axle. They ditched it in later years. The heads were different castings in 1998. The 1998's also had larger injectors (28 lbs) and more restrictive exhaust manifolds than later years.

The 01s and 02s also had 28lbs injectors. 2.73 gear was offered every year in the automatic ls1, the 3.23 was a performance option unless you had an ss or ws6, in which it was standard. Nothing really changed any power except for the intake and cam.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
If anything, de mod the cobalt some to make it more suitable for a daily driver, then pick up a project car. You can find an emissions exempt roller, with a cage, for pretty "cheap". As long it has working tail and head lights you are pretty much able to do whatever you want to the damn thing and drive it on the street.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info