New personal best at Byron today!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
My car destroyed the old personal best of 12.61 @ 110 mph today. Joe and I headed up to Byron because the weather was cooler and I wanted to get out of the 12.6X's. I was really just hoping for a nice 12.3X. I gave Joe the keys to make a pass to see what he could do.
The very first pass was a 12.16 @ 113 mph with a 1.81 60'. I almost shit myself when I saw the time board. The car dropped .45 off the ET! The 60' was the same as my previous personal best, but I think the weather today made an impact. The next three runs weren't nearly as fast, but still had some good traps.

Pass 1: (Joe driving)
[email protected] with a 1.81 60'

Pass 2: (Me driving)
[email protected] with a 1.90 60'

Pass 3: (Joe driving)
[email protected] with a 2.12 60'

Pass 4: (Me driving)
[email protected] with a 2.12 60'

I'm convinced this car has an 11 sec pass in it with a good 60'. Even if I could drop the 60' to an easily attainable 1.7X, that should be good for a high 11. I may do a cat-back and take out the seats/spare tire and squeeze out an 11 that way. I can't even put into words how excited I was to see the car finally get into the low 12's.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Car felt really strong :bigthumb: If we had some back-to-back passes I'm sure we could get a feel for the launch and adjust technique, but without that it's hard to dial-in the launch. There's an 11-second pass in its current setup. We weighed the car at 3800 pounds with Mark in it and could easily ditch some weight with the seats, spare and jack and miscellaneous junk that was in the car today.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I can't wait until the fall track day. I'd love to see how much weight I could drop out of that car. I may even go before then to work on the 60', I need to get those down some.

Do you have any big plans for it now that you have a nice DD to drive around, or are you going to keep it relatively mild and streetable?

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Do you have any big plans for it now that you have a nice DD to drive around, or are you going to keep it relatively mild and streetable?

The only thing I'd like to do is forge the motor and up the boost. I'll be content with having the blower maxed out with the car making near 550-600whp. Even that seems a bit much for just a fun street car. But those plans aren't in the near future. I'd like to enjoy it for a year or so before I think about changing it up. It's been a great 4 months of the car running like a champ, I don't really want to mess with it.
I'd really like to see what it will do with long tubes and 2.5" all the way back with a set of slicks/skinnies to get it off the line.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Congrats on the new best, that is great to see. What type and size are your rear tires? If you throw some ET Streets on the back and lauch hard, I see a 1.5/1.6 and an 11 sec time slip.

I have a set of Nitto 555r's that are 315's. They're probably not the best hooking DR, but they last long on the street. I wanted to buy the ET Streets last year, but they were really hard to come by until late summer. I'll definitely need some new tires come next spring though.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
i take it you dont really like to get down on the street??
I'd like to see you up against BaddLS6 from a dig or low roll..would make for a good vid, me thinks.

Street racing has never really been my thing. I don't mind just a little impromptu roll race to 10+ the speed limit, but I really don't like getting into an all out race on the streets. I just don't think it's worth it if you get caught, especially since it's now a felony. I'd run anyone at the track for fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info