A/C Problem on 1999 Cadillac Deville

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
My grandpa is having a problem with his 1999 Cadillac Deville. Whenever he has the A/C going, there is a clicking coming from the dash. No air comes out of the front vents, however it will come out of all the other vents (floor and defrost) and still blows out cold from the ones that work. He took it to the local stealership and they said it would cost $600 or something dollars to fix.They said it was some motor inside the dash that they would need to tear out the entire dash to get to. Does that sound legitimate? I never really work on Caddy's or A/C systems in general, so it's all Greek to me.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
its prolly the blend door system (controls which vents get air) is it only a problem with a/c? if it doesnt matter heat or a/c then its the blend door system. if its just a/c then its got to be something to do with the "auto temp control" system

Yeah, it won't blow out of the front vents regardless of heat or A/C. The dealer said it was the "mode door" failing to open to the front vents, therefore needing to be replaced. I had a feeling if the whole dash had to be ripped out to get at the problem, then $500-$600 is probably about right.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Yeah, it won't blow out of the front vents regardless of heat or A/C. The dealer said it was the "mode door" failing to open to the front vents, therefore needing to be replaced. I had a feeling if the whole dash had to be ripped out to get at the problem, then $500-$600 is probably about right.

sounds about right to me. i just did something similar to a ford exploder a week ago. :ford:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
you might not have to pull the dash...take a look under it and see if you can see the blend door mechanism....is it electronic controlled or cable? (digital temp display and buttons - or - levers and knobs)

Its a digital controlled unit, so i would assume it would have to be electronic. I'll take a look under there tomorrow morning, and see what I can find.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info