Favorite Automotive Memory

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just your favorite 'car related memory', may it be buying your first car, or a cruise/meet you remember vividly, Lets here some!:

My favorite car memory was a few of the last 'nice' days from last fall in my mustang, because there was NOTHING like waking up at 8:50 AM, dropping the top with dew still on it, and firing it up on a cool/sunny morning for my short drive to work.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Back in highschool a friend and I were being chased by about 7 dudes wanting to beat our asses. Called up another friend and drove to his house while they were still chasing us. He came out of his garage with a baseball bat and two of the dumbfucks had pulled in his driveway. Using their awesome teenage driving skills, they attempted to reverse high speed down the street and ended up totaling their brand new mustang and a GTP.

Running 12.5s in my TBSS with just bolt ons is probably my second fav. memory.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
i have SO many, i don't know where to begin.

what got me into cars was the fact my mom and my dad met at a local car spot back in the 70's, they both were into cars. my mom still is.. she knows more about them than i do at some points.. :roflpicard:

i can't pick just one so i will just post one.

my dad had a chenowth framed dune buggy with a vdub engine yeaaarrrsss ago before he passed away .. i remember going with him to get the emissions test done in waukegan in it one time and it began raining. it didn't have a roof panel on it, just a plex windshield and the metal shell around where doors would be on a normal car and around the protruding front end of the frame where your feet go on top or bottom and got soaked. good times :)

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
the first time i drove my 98 suburban as well. i'd never felt cooler in my entire life. everyone in my neighborhood looked at me (who i'd went to school with) that was out as i cruised up my street with all the windows open and some nice music coming through the stereo. everyone in school knew me as "the kid with the suburban" , i'm not going to lie.. i felt pretty bad ass. everyone after that and every car considered me to have nice cars because i always kept them clean.

i have so many car related memories, haha

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
My buddy had an Integra back in HS that he thought was hot shit and we'd cruise up to Geneva on Randall in it. Got it up to the 110 or whatever the limiter was on some back roads one night with 4 people in it. The clutch smell was horrible.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
quoted for anyone who could somehow, hereafter, consider purchasing parts from you.
I know... Terrible isn't it!? I'm sure there's a special ring of hell reserved for people like me!

It was 7 years ago and I didn't know that I did it until a couple months after the job. It's still resting comfortably at the bottom of his oil pan I'm sure. I can laugh about it now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info