Preferred Oil Choice

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
mobil 1 most of the time because my car requires it, but in the summer when its really hot i use royal purple.... why? this combination has never let me down- ive never had any oil related issues in my vehicles. plus the royal purple goes in black and comes out REALLY black, it almost looks like diesel oil. when i took my corvette apart i couldnt believe how "new" the insides of my cylinders and heads were.... that was all the proof i needed

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
mobil 1 most of the time because my car requires it, but in the summer when its really hot i use royal purple.... why? this combination has never let me down- ive never had any oil related issues in my vehicles. plus the royal purple goes in black and comes out REALLY black, it almost looks like diesel oil. when i took my corvette apart i couldnt believe how "new" the insides of my cylinders and heads were.... that was all the proof i needed

I also use Royal Purple. I figure with as much as I beat on my rice and don't change the oil nearly as often as I should, I need the best I can get. I used to use Syntec and never had a problem except when it came to changing the oil :(

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Amsoil Full Synthetic 5W30 - Change once a year or every 25k. Since I plow and tow with the Silverado I change it twice a year, and since the SS gets beat on when she is driven it is also twice a year. I actually use almost all Amsoil lubricants from oil to gear lube to ATF. I noticed significant drop in trans temp when I switch to the Amsoil ATF and a 1-2mpg increase after changing to all Amsoil lubricants when I had the TSX. I also use it in my SeaRay which I change at the end of every season. As shocking as you may find it I am also an Amsoil dealer...mainly to get the discount for myself and family, but I any of you guys want to get some let me know.

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
GC0W30.jpg

I use it because after searching ls1tech and bitog, it was the most recommended oil for my car. I keep it in there for ~6k miles.

I heard/read the new Pannzoil Platinum is pretty good, anyone use that?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i used to use mobil 1. i am under the impression that amsoil could factually be proven a superior product. my car is turbo and i track it so i do 6000 miles in it, although i think i could probably do more. filters are still supposed to be changed every 3000. a lot of other products out there i feel are riding on an old rep or on marketing.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
i used to use mobil 1. i am under the impression that amsoil could factually be proven a superior product. my car is turbo and i track it so i do 6000 miles in it, although i think i could probably do more. filters are still supposed to be changed every 3000. a lot of other products out there i feel are riding on an old rep or on marketing.

That's the impression I've gotten as well. The PT forum I'm not, the guys have been nuthugging Mobil 1 (Not that I don't like Mobil 1) and I asked why. All they could come up with is that if it's good enough for AMG and Porsche, then it must be good for everyone else. But I was always under the impression that Mobil had an agreement with those companies to endorse each other for business reasons, not necessarily because it was the best oil.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info