For the Record

Altiery54

TCG Elite Member
Jun 14, 2007
Braidwood
I upgraded the blower to a TVS aka a new Harrop Blower made by eaton the weekend after byron. Stock blower is a 1L the Harrop is a 1.3L and FAR more efficient then the stocker. I am currently only running a 3.1" Pulley on it for the simple reason I am out of fuel up top.

Plans in the near future include Meth, 2.9" Pulley, 3" Intake, then either 80# Injectors or a return style fuel system..

This winter I will be dropping in a set of Diamond forged Pistons, and an exedy clutch. If funds allow a ported top end would be great...

As for the race vids from this weekend the car was on 110 and running a ridiculous amount of timing and holding it ever nicely. I don't have a dyno close but car could have been anywhere from 310-340whp..

It's out there have at it...

Altiery54

TCG Elite Member
Jun 14, 2007
Braidwood
Hmm. that's funny. you should only be boosting 18psi MAX on the stock pulley. 19-20 would mean a smaller pulley. Why you keep lyin?

are you serious? you sir are an idiot. every single car is different via restrictions and such. some guy could be running a 2.5" exhaust and stock intake and be sitting @25lbs.. some can run a 3" intake and 3" exhaust and a ported head on the SAME pulley and make 17lbs... my calculations were according to the logs and how much air the MAF was reading

but just to prove you wrong according to your ignorance on car knowledge here

and jsut in case you are as stupid as I think the stock pulley would be the 80mm

There have been a few TVS threads lately and someone asked for a FAQ on the TVS/Harrop-lsj1320, but the thread is going in a diff direction because of random bantering.

For a start:

Required Bare Minimum:
60# Injectors
Tune

HIGHLY Recommended: Basically required for any decent numbers
Intake
-or-
3" Intake
Header
3" dp
3" exhaust
Any combination of: Dual Pass (+/- Opt B), H/E, Meth
Clutch
Solid Motor/Tranny Mounts
-or-
Rotated Tranny Mounts
Return-style Fuel System for smaller than the "stock" 80mm pulley
-or-
larger injectors (72#)

Good extras
LS4 Throttle Body
Internals
Head port/polish
Upgraded Valvetrain

Vendors of the TVS/Harrop-lsj1320
OTTPerformance
JBP
Harrop-USA

My Personal Experience
My setup was the bare minimum. My last dyno was 318/288 @ 7,395rpm w/ afr of 11.9 and 17* timing @ 69*F w/ 48% humidity; and was still on the way up. Stock air box mod, pacesetter header, 3" catless dp, 3" custom exhaust, secondary cobra h/e, no meth. IAT2's topped at 133*F after the third pull. My 2.6/60's setup hit 160+ IAT2's after multiple runs and dyno'd in at 258/239.

Questions

The TVS is designed for maximum performance and a direct statement from HARROP itself states: "Porting the HTV1320 can and will decrease performance and void warranty. Through extensive testing it has been designed to be the most effective directly from the manufacturer"

What PSI can I expect from "x" pulley?
64mm / 2.5" ~ 27.5 psi
70mm / 2.75" ~ 25 psi
75mm / 2.95" ~ 22.5 psi
80mm / 3.15" ~ 20 psi

Over all, the CFM is more per rpm because the blower is 1.32L compared to our m62 with 1.0L. More cfm = more air at same psi. Also, the 160* twist to the rotors helps with building boost with less heat. So yes, 2.8 pulley on m62 is hotter IAT, lower PSI, and lower CFM. All are better with the TVS

Yes, the 2.5" intakes will work with the TVS. It's more of a matter of what Throttle Body you are running and use a coupler to make up the difference from the K&N to an LS4 throttle body.

Personally, I'm still on stock air box mod

There's a how-to on here. It varies slightly from a how-to to swapping pullies on the M62. Only diff is you need to make a modification to the MAP sensor and angle it to fit beneath the housing of the TVS and adjust your oil dipstick. Piece of cake.

Your stock boost gauge will max out, then zero out after a bit. If you want a gauge that maintains the stock look but can go higher, you may want to consider an SS T/C boost gauge. It is plug & play compatible with 05--07 supercharged models.

2008_chevrolet_hhr_ss_boost_gauge_1.jpg

You can buy one here: http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Cobalt-Boost-Gauge-25800715-P2291C212.aspx

Altiery54

TCG Elite Member
Jun 14, 2007
Braidwood
Nice man, sounds like you need a fat fuel pump and some injectors. Any bottom end work in the near future?

Ya my 60#'ers are seeing about 88% IDC at 7200 in 3rd. I am looking for a fuel pump still, Walboro makes them for my car but i have had more than one person tell me what a pos it is. Looking into a Bosch one actually. Bottom end this winter, crank will be stock as its good to 1200hp and the rods are rated to 600 so pistons are about the only thing down there that need to be replaced.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
Ya my 60#'ers are seeing about 88% IDC at 7200 in 3rd. I am looking for a fuel pump still, Walboro makes them for my car but i have had more than one person tell me what a pos it is. Looking into a Bosch one actually. Bottom end this winter, crank will be stock as its good to 1200hp and the rods are rated to 600 so pistons are about the only thing down there that need to be replaced.

All the Honda guys run Walbros. Most of the time I haven't heard any problems with those. I don't see why they would be so bad for a Cobalt. Either way get a good one :) 88 percent is pretty high. Is your car tuned properly?

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
ya im running the walboro on my neon and no problems at all.mather of fact alot of srt owners are running the walboro on the skittles.best fuel pump out there for the skittles,other than the dual intake walboro

I'm glad I"m not the only Walbro fan. I think they make a badass pump. How many lph is your pump?

Altiery54

TCG Elite Member
Jun 14, 2007
Braidwood
im still not releasing my mod list

here i will for you. 60mm or bigger that is all

All the Honda guys run Walbros. Most of the time I haven't heard any problems with those. I don't see why they would be so bad for a Cobalt. Either way get a good one :) 88 percent is pretty high. Is your car tuned properly?

interesting

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info