Leaking oil like a motherfucker...

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
So I got my oil changed in the M 8 days ago. One day after I got the oil changed I was at my buddies and we noticed that it had leaked a little bit on his driveway, we thought that it was probably just a messy job by the tech that did the change and thought nothing of it, although I started monitoring my oil level every day through I-drive. (The car doesn't have a dipstick). Well today I notice more oil on my parents driveway after I leave there, and on the way back to my house I notice that the oil gauge is showing that I'm actually losing a measurable amount of oil. WTF! So I park the car in the garage and notice this on the garage floor.

24o4j9y.jpg

After seeing that on the ground I pop the hood to see this.

156shdx.jpg

amawj6.jpg

So I run upstairs and search the M board I'm on, and what do you know, this has happened to many people. There's a problem with the oil cap, I guess the seal doesn't fit very well. So I go back down to the garage and take the oil cap off and what do you know, the rubber gasket is all fucked up and sticking.

oax7vc.jpg

So I shove the stupid gasket back in there and fit it correctly. I'll have to run to BMW tuesday to get some more oil now.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
damn i'd be pissed..

won't they cover a new cap on warranty ?i wouldnt dick with the old one.

I'm sure they would, but it's not worth the hassle for me to take it in again, have them look at the cap and probably have to order me one. A lot easier to just stick my finger in there and put the seal back in. The less my car is at the dealer, the better. Everytime the car is there I seem to lose 0.1 on my overall average of miles per gallon. I wonder why that is.... :ugh:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Turk
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list