Can I make it to DC?

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
I have a 2001 lincoln town car limo with atleast 286,000 miles on the clock, last time I checked. Probably a lot more since then. I was recently told it needs a bit of work done to it, IE new Catalytic converter, maybe some other stuff. Going to take it to Autozone and have them look at it. But since a cat is pretty much just for emissions do you guys think I'd be fine driving the 1400 there and back? My friends really want to take it, I'd rather not get stuck on the side of the road in another state waiting for a tow truck, but driving to DC in a limo would be a pretty awesome road trip.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
more than likely u need the cat, since it is a "newer" car it probably has an O2 sensor either on the cat or right after that may fuck with the computer making ur car not run properly.

note: ive never worked on a lincoln or really ever been near one, i just know that a missing or fucked up O2 sensor on some vehicles will mess with the computer

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
since it is a "newer" car it probably has an O2 sensor either on the cat or right after that may fuck with the computer making ur car not run properly.

not true. the post cat O2 is nothing more than a moniter to tell the car's PCM if the cat is doing it's job correctly.
i would say take it. i've worked on these town car limos that have well over 300k and are still running strong. you have nothing to worry about, just get the cat (or cats) fixed incase they are clogged.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
not true. the post cat O2 is nothing more than a moniter to tell the car's PCM if the cat is doing it's job correctly.
i would say take it. i've worked on these town car limos that have well over 300k and are still running strong. you have nothing to worry about, just get the cat (or cats) fixed incase they are clogged.

my bad i skimmed over the limo part just saw "lincoln town car", im sure the limos are designed to get a fuck ton of miles because that is their purpose

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
So... I got the mileage completely wrong. it was actually 588,xxx miles. And I found out it was more than just the cat that was bad. The O2 sensors were bad, the rear air suspension blew out after the dealer looked at it, the AC isn't working, etc... It isn't going to DC. Actually it isn't going anywhere for a while. There's a whole list of other things wrong with it, and I'm glad I had the car checked out before we left.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
So... I got the mileage completely wrong. it was actually 588,xxx miles. And I found out it was more than just the cat that was bad. The O2 sensors were bad, the rear air suspension blew out after the dealer looked at it, the AC isn't working, etc... It isn't going to DC. Actually it isn't going anywhere for a while. There's a whole list of other things wrong with it, and I'm glad I had the car checked out before we left.

sounds like the only place it should go is the junk yard!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info