finally after 4 weeks of being down, get to pick up my car!!

c5z06speedjon

Addict
Jan 21, 2008
I was out with my friend and i came out hard out of a light. launched on my street tires, and Car just made a loud bang noise rolled and would not move under its own power. I go to put it in any gear and release the clutch and the car will not die on me. Its as if the car is constantly in neutral. Starts and runs fine. So i checked for fluid leaking from the rear diff, and it did not crack the rear diff. Rear diff case is intact and the clutch and shifter feel normal. So I had the car towed to straightline performance in new lenox, IL. They took the trans and rear diff apart and .....
47637459d1240927820-hard-launch-and-boom-jontrans-004.jpg

47637460d1240927820-hard-launch-and-boom-jontrans-005.jpg

.... ya i busted the output shaft :(
So they sent the trans and rear diff to RPM transmissions. Here was their diagnosis; Transmission; i broke the mainshaft, 4th/5th gear were worn, 3/4 slider was worn, and the obviously the output shaft. Rear Diff; the clutch packs needed to be upgraded. Well they gave me a deal that i could not pass up so i went with a level V transmission and a level II rear diff, with the upgraded HD 30 spline output shaft and the rear diff to accept the larger output shaft. For the power im making i should be ok now. i had just put in a textralia clutch and it grabs REALLY good. So im blaming that as the culpret! I dont ever get wheel hop so that was not the problem, when i lauch in kinda ride the clutch out so it does not do that. I cant wait to pick up my car and finally enjoy it :)

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
i had just put in a textralia clutch and it grabs REALLY good. So im blaming that as the culpret! \

Textralia's are tough my bro had it in his truck(I think the OZ700?) and it was harsh letting off so he switched to the LS7 setup.

was your car at the open house or is it done already?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info