Disgusting low insurance premiums...

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I may be switching from StateFarm to AAA. StateFarm quoted me at $478 every 6 months for a 31 year-old with no tickets or accidents. That's fricken ridiculous! I'm also paying $432/6 months for the Mustang to StateFarm. AAA quoted me at $490/6 months for both cars! I'd also have to move my condo insurance and become a AAA member for those rates. But the membership is only like $50-100/ year. I would roughly be paying half the premium with MORE coverage. I hope this dude from AAA isn't jerking me around. I left a message for my rep at StateFarm saying I need to talk about my premium prices.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
hmmm i've thought of switching from state farm also....ever since my agent changed it seems my shit goes up and up every month when in fact i see commercials for the steer clear program that says it should go down...i've never had a ticket or accident at the age of 24 and i'm married. i pay $82 a month for a wagon!

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
hmmm i've thought of switching from state farm also....ever since my agent changed it seems my shit goes up and up every month when in fact i see commercials for the steer clear program that says it should go down...i've never had a ticket or accident at the age of 24 and i'm married. i pay $82 a month for a wagon!

Exactly! I swear my mustang insurance goes up each year and I have the cleanest record out of everyone I know.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
maybe older mustangs get in more accidents. The guy who buys the car brand new babies it but the kid he sells it to a few years later totals it...

When I questioned the premium on the G8 of $478, she said it's because it's a new car. The Mustang is 8 year-old and I still pay $432. So what's the excuse for that? Sometimes I think they pulled rate out of their asses.

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
When I questioned the premium on the G8 of $478, she said it's because it's a new car. The Mustang is 8 year-old and I still pay $432. So what's the excuse for that? Sometimes I think they pulled rate out of their asses.

Maybe 8 year-old mustangs get into a lot of accidents. Thus the insurance company has to keep the premiums high.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
did you tell them about work done to the car?

That's the touchy part. State Farm knows the car is blown and said they will honor any claim with it being super-charged. The kicker was that they would not put it in writing that an aftermarket supercharger was covered. If it ain't in writing, I have no way of making them honor it in any way. They say they can't put it in writing because they "technically" can't insure it under corporate policy.

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
Wow. I switched from AAA to State Farm last year and ended up saving huge on my monthly insurance tab (car, home, business)... stuff like this just makes me wonder who comes up with the prices for this stuff...

Actuaries!

But I'm guessing the reason you guys are noticing these saving is because your insurance agents aren't give you the best prices they can. They give you an initial quote, lets say $400. Well a year later they might be able to quote you at 380 but then they would get less of a commission so they don't tell you. Your agent is being greedy and trying to get a larger commission, but that's just my guess

dmc6996

Addict
Oct 10, 2008
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Dave
sounds like a deal, I'm getting raped hardcore and need to switch off GEICO

1320ish/6

edit: for the 1 vehicle you see in my sig
shiiiiiiiiiiiit man. for my ninja progressive was charging just under 500 a year basic coverage. Geico matched everything i had with progressive and i pay 129 a year. Geico i thought is usually the cheapest.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
i switched insurance companies when i got my new car, i was paying $92 a month when i had just my lumina, when i switched to geico i pay $120 a month for both, id switch to AAA, state farm quoted me over $200 just for the pacer and it would have been close to $300 with both,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info