Dealership is doing some shady stuff

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I bought the G8 10 days ago from the Pontiac dealership in St Charles. Since the second day I owned the car I've been trying to get a hold of my salesman. There are a few things that needed to be fixed. He hadn't returned 3 messages I left for him, so I decided to call the customer service manager. She said she can fix all my issues for free if I give her my 14-day survey. She said she gets a bonus for surveys she turns in and she'd use the bonus money to fix my issues. What a crock of shit! She's just afraid that I'm going to send a negative survey to corporate and she thinks I'm an idiot of sorts.
So I think I'm just going to say that I didn't get the survey yet. I'll have them do the work and then turn the survey in to corporate on my own. Has anyone ever heard of the dealerships doing this? What's the point of having a customer turn in an evaluation to (of all people!) the local customer service manager? What's to stop her from not turning it into corporate or editing it? Isn't that the rat guarding the cheese? What should I do? Blow the whistle on this shady behavior?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
whats wrong with the car?

The spare key they gave me doesn't work, so it may need to be programmed. But I compared the two keys, and they're cut completely different. I'm missing one of the lug nut covers. There is a scratch on the front bumper the salesman said they would fix. Some of the weatherstripping is torn on the front passenger side window. Nothing really major, but the fact that the salesman's customer service absolutely sucks.
I think I'll just have them do the work, and tell them I'll drop off the survey when I get it. Then when I get it, I'll call corporate and tell them about my experience.

T

The Beast

Call and speak to the General Mgr and he should take care of your problems. Remember don't get loud just be polite and you will get what you want. That is a little shady of them to give you wrong cut key and want a survey before they repair your g8. I'm a sales mgr at a Ford dealership and I don't treat people that way.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Here's the Pontiac customer service help line:

Pontiac Customer Assistance Centers are open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST, and closed on Sunday. Your vehicle concerns are important to us. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or feedback. To better address your comments and concerns, please choose from the phone numbers below.

* Your name, address, and home and daytime telephone numbers
* Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), which can be found on your registration
* Dealership name and location
* Vehicle delivery date and current mileage
* Nature of your concern

* Customer Assistance Center:
* Inside the U.S.: 1-800-762-2737
* Inside Canada: 1-800-263-3777

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info