Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The Illinois State Police nabbed a Dodge Charger SRT8 from a DUI stop and gave it to one of their own for personal and business use. The kicker? It wasn't the first time.

According to the Associated Press, the Illinois State Police have seized over two dozen Audis, Cadillacs and other vehicles and turned them over to the police. Even better, taxpayers in Illinois are footing the gas bill for the behemoth. Thankfully, no one ever tried to seize one of our press cars from us when we lived in Chicago.

But, if there's one thing this goes to show you it's that Illinois is readying itself to replace Florida as the state in the Union you're able to have the most fun in on your way to a corruption and abuse of power indictment.

:rofl:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Illinois DUI Law

Illinois DUI Law: State Statute
Illinois DUI Law Highlights: BAC Levels and Implied Consent (Table 1)

State
"Per Se" BAC Level
"Zero Tolerance" BAC Level
Enhanced Penalty BAC Level
"Implied Consent" Law
Illinois
Yes​

DEFINITIONS:
"Per Se" Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Level
As of August 2005, all states have DUI laws that deem "per se intoxicated" any driver with a blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) at or above .08 percent. This means that drivers with a BAC at or above .08 are intoxicated in the eyes of the law, and no additional proof of driving impairment is necessary. "Zero Tolerance" Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Level
All states carry "zero tolerance" laws that target drivers under the legal drinking age. These laws penalize persons under 21 for operating a vehicle with any trace of alcohol in their systems (a BAC above 0.0), or with negligible BAC levels such as .01 or .02 percent.
"Enhanced Penalty" Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Level
Many states impose harsher penalties on DUI offenders with a particularly high BAC at the time of the offense, typically .15 to .20 percent. DUI offenders with a BAC at or above their state's enhanced penalty standards will likely face additional jail time, harsher fines, and more severe driver's license sanctions.
"Implied Consent" Laws
"Implied consent" laws require vehicle drivers to submit to some form of chemical test, such as breath, blood, or urine testing, if suspected of DUI. If a driver refuses to submit to such testing, implied consent laws carry penalties such as mandatory suspension of a driver's license, usually for six months to a year.

Illinois DUI Law Highlights: Selected Penalties (Table 2)

State
Administrative License Suspension/Revocation (1st/2nd/3rd Offense)​
Mandatory Alcohol Education and Treatment/Assessment​
Vehicle Confiscation Possible?​
Ignition Interlock Device Possible?​
Illinois
90d/ 1y/ varied​
Treatment/
Assessment​
3rd offense​
2nd offense​
Note: Persons arrested for DUI will be subject to additional criminal law penalties not addressed here -- including jail time, fines, and community service. Such criminal penalties are typically more discretionary than those identified in this chart, and are therefore more difficult to accurately predict. Generally speaking, first-time DUI offenders can expect to incur a fine, and face the possibility of jail time. Repeat DUI offenders will incur harsher fines, and will almost certainly be sentenced to a number of days in jail. Penalties will be harsher still if the DUI offender was involved in an accident in which someone else was injured or killed.
DEFINITIONS:
Administrative License Suspension/Revocation
The Administrative License Suspension/Revocation penalties indicated here refer to minimum mandatory penalties imposed on drivers whose BAC is above the state limit for intoxication, or drivers who refuse to submit to BAC testing. Administrative suspension or revocation of a driver's license is usually carried out by a state agency (such as a Department of Motor Vehicles), distinct from any criminal court penalties. Most states impose harsher penalties for second or third DUI offenses, typically defined as those that occur within five years of a prior DUI offense.
Note: the penalties identified here do not include variations for DUI offenders operating commercial vehicles, or drivers who have violated "zero tolerance" and "enhanced penalty" DUI laws (see Table 1). Most states recognize different sanctions for these types of DUI offenses.
Mandatory Alcohol Education and Assessment/Treatment
Alcohol education and treatment/assessment penalties for DUI offenders can include mandatory attendance at DUI prevention programs, and assessment of potential alcohol dependency problems. Such programs are often made "conditions" of a suspended sentence or probation, meaning that a DUI offender can avoid jail time and payment of hefty fines if he or she completes participation in the program. This chart indicates each state's utilization of alcohol education and treatment/assessment programs.
Vehicle Confiscation
Vehicle confiscation penalties allow a motor vehicle department or law enforcement agency to seize a DUI offender's vehicle, either permanently or for a set period of time. Such penalties typically apply only to repeat DUI offenders, and often the return of the vehicle requires payment of fines and significant administrative costs. This chart indicates each state's utilization of vehicle confiscation as a penalty for DUI.
Ignition Interlock
A vehicle ignition interlock breath-testing device measures a vehicle operator's BAC, and will prevent operation of the vehicle if more than a minimal amount of alcohol is detected (i.e. BAC level of .02). DUI offenders will usually be required to pay the costs of installation, rental, and maintenance of an ignition interlock device. This chart indicates each state's utilization of ignition interlock devices as a penalty for DUI.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
So let me get this straight, If I get pulled over for a DUI they can confiscate my car? Do they also confiscate the payments? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE:picard:

How is that an outrage?

If you illegally use a gun, they take it. If you illegally use...more or less anything, they can and should take it.

If you're a repeat DUI offender, the car is your weapon, and mode of execution. They sure as fuck ought to take it from you. By that point, they've already probably taken your license, and that hasn't stopped you from driving and breaking the law, and potentially killing people in the process. Take the car, and your ass isn't driving anymore, let alone driving drunk.

I hate this state, and am look forward to moving away as far as the vehicle code goes (I'm heading to a state with legal tint and no front plates), but that portion of the code is very legit IMO.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
How is that an outrage?

If you illegally use a gun, they take it. If you illegally use...more or less anything, they can and should take it.

If you're a repeat DUI offender, the car is your weapon, and mode of execution. They sure as fuck ought to take it from you. By that point, they've already probably taken your license, and that hasn't stopped you from driving and breaking the law, and potentially killing people in the process. Take the car, and your ass isn't driving anymore, let alone driving drunk.

I hate this state, and am look forward to moving away as far as the vehicle code goes (I'm heading to a state with legal tint and no front plates), but that portion of the code is very legit IMO.
So if they confiscate that AK-47 i didn't register, they can use it out in the field and take it home? If i get drugs confiscated they can take it home with them? I just want to make this clear so i can become a cop and smoke weed legally cause i confiscated it off some high school kid.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
So if they confiscate that AK-47 i didn't register, they can use it out in the field and take it home? If i get drugs confiscated they can take it home with them? I just want to make this clear so i can become a cop and smoke weed legally cause i confiscated it off some high school kid.

Sorry, taking it from you is perfectly ok, taking it as their own personal property is bullshit, I should have been more clear...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info