Anyone have any experiance with 06+ V-6 Mustangs?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
please dont....i'm not trying to be negative but the v6 new body style is so hideous and just screams "16 year old girl"

If I get one I plan on buying a GT front grill and rear bumper with duel exhaust, and a decent set of wheels.

I like the styling personally, and with the mentioned changes I think it would look very sharp, but I'm more curious about how it drives, what the clutch feel is like etc.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
If you're going used, you might as well find a older (last gen probably)GT for the same or cheaper price. Are you looking for better gas mileage with the V6 or cheaper price but with the Mustang prestige?

This reminds me of a story: My buddy said his dad was retiring and that he bought a nice car to celebrate. I asked what car and he said a Mustang Convertible. Then I asked what engine and trans and he said V6 and Auto. Then without even thinking, or censoring myself, I said "what, did he turn gay?" My foot was about 12in into my mouth at that point.

But i like to always remember this: if it wasn't for the people buying the V6s there would be no mustangs at all now. They keep the sales alive for the people who love the V8s.

mike@pwerks

Family Car Owner
Jan 12, 2008
We built up a previous gen V6 Mustang. It has a built motor and a supercharger. It had over 400HP, ran 12's in the 1/4 and was featured in a magazine. The V6 might have a lower starting price, but modding it would be more expensive. If you are going strictly for looks, then it isn't a bad platform to purchase.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
211469.2-lg.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Im also with the dont bother crowd. The jump to the GT isnt that big at all.

You have to understand fish, I'm 20.

The Jump to a GT is HUGE, The insurance will be more than my car payment if I get a GT, I already crunched the numbers for it and it would be nearly $325 in INSURANCE alone a MONTH, and I only have a single small speeding ticket on my record.

I want the V-6 for the gas mileage, the looks, the price,and the insurance.

I'd love a 99-04 GT, but even though it would be cheaper and I could find one with low mileage, the insurance would still rape me hard-core.

I would get basic stuff (K+N intake and a decent duel tip exhaust) if I get a car like that, I do alota freeway driving, and the V-6 is a great cruiser car by the looks of it. My Honda is going to be an autoX car and is already barely drivable due to the bad weather and its retarded power curve, and I bought Kim a Sedan so in case I decide its time to start a family I don't need a 4 door.

I just got a raise recently, and am getting my company cell phone (Black berry of course) next week.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
if you want my already honesty opinion, i think the v6 mustangs are one of the ugliest cars on the road currently....i'm a notorious mustang hater but the body style before this new one was at least good to look at......if ure really looking for a good cruiser, theres so many better options out there

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
lame...last year i went to a party where this guy would not shut the fuck up about his new 'stang and how it was really fast and could probably beat anything outside in the lot. after hearing this all night i finally walked up to him and said " you've been talking up your new 'stang so much tonight do you wanna race?" he asked what car was mine and i told him it was the black grand prix parked right next to his mustang. he said sure why not but warned me it had 200hp and was stick. i said no problem.

long story short i raped his badass 'stang. next time i saw him he had traded in his mustang for a camry because his wife didnt think it was very practical and didnt need anything that fast. haha.

looks like his wife owns his balls and my car owned his 'stangs balls...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
On a side note, the other day I was cruising down weber road and I see some current-gen Stang headlights pulling up on me quick. I was hoping it was a GT, but no luck. The V-6 pulls up next to me, keeps pace for about 10 seconds and then takes off balls-out, :rofl:

Oh yeah, this was when it was 0 degrees outside, so I wouldn't have done anything even if it was a GT, but still, WTF.

Das, I say go for a sport compact -- I know you already have a Honda and all, but forget about the Mustang unless you really want RWD. Get a 2002-2005 Si or something. Even a base older Subie Impreza would be sweet. Those can't be too much more than the Mustang for insurance. Better gas mileage, and a hatch would have more cargo capability, as you know.

Edit: I know the 2002 Si is weak compared to other Si models, but still. A V-6 Mustang?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
On a side note, the other day I was cruising down weber road and I see some current-gen Stang headlights pulling up on me quick. I was hoping it was a GT, but no luck. The V-6 pulls up next to me, keeps pace for about 10 seconds and then takes off balls-out, :rofl:

Oh yeah, this was when it was 0 degrees outside, so I wouldn't have done anything even if it was a GT, but still, WTF.

Das, I say go for a sport compact -- I know you already have a Honda and all, but forget about the Mustang unless you really want RWD. Get a 2002-2005 Si or something. Even a base older Subie Impreza would be sweet. Those can't be too much more than the Mustang for insurance. Better gas mileage, and a hatch would have more cargo capability, as you know.

Edit: I know the 2002 Si is weak compared to other Si models, but still. A V-6 Mustang?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard the insurance was pretty bad on any turbo subie. and I wouldn't want another hatchback honda since I already have one, and I HATE the interior on the 06+ civics.

I don't want a sport compact because I do freeway driving and cars like the civic get tossed around like a rag-doll from even the lightest of crosswinds because there is no cover where I drive, I want a 'cruiser' Mook, what would you recommend? I want something new *05+* under 16K, is composed on the freeway/country roads, and isn't a sedan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info