Car financing question

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
This may be a stupid question, but so far everyone I've asked did not have an answer....so maybe it's not so stupid. With the 0% financing most manufacturers are offering, there is something in small print about $17 per $1,000 financed. What are they talking about? I just assumed that financing a $30k car with 0% interest for five years would be $30k/60 months = $500. Is that not the case?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Even with this figure, it still works out to 500 per month. On Pontiac's 0 percent for 60 months, it's "for every $1000 you finance is $16.67 for 60 months."

So 30,000 would be 500.1 per month.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I just checked out the Stryker Blue G8 in St Charles. That color is tits! I think I may have to go with that one. I had seen it on the road before, but not close up.
If there is a minor scratch on the bumper, don't they fix that up for you if you're buying it?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I just checked out the Stryker Blue G8 in St Charles. That color is tits! I think I may have to go with that one. I had seen it on the road before, but not close up.
If there is a minor scratch on the bumper, don't they fix that up for you if you're buying it?

You can normal negotiate them fixing it, or knocking some $$ off the price:bigthumb:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008

If it's a minor scratch ask for extra money off the price, otherwise they'll just fuck the bumper up worse by trying to fix it.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

Did they have a price listed at the dealership? I know there wasn't a listed price online.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
yea that $17 is the finance charge which is what they charge for taking out the loan, when i got the pacer it was $50 on top of the $3200 and then i think like a 9% interest rate so total was 3550 of around there, that 0% is the interest rate. so ur payments should be in the $500 range give or take some change, good luck with the purchase and that stryker blue is tits

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I already called it! NO ONE can have Stryker Blue, but ME!!!

Just kidding... I love The MSM color, but Stryker Blue is where it's at, and there aren't many on the road. I have only see a few G8s periods, all white or black.

That is another reason I like that color. I have only seen one on the road so far. The problem is getting a deal on one. I don't know why, but I think I'll have a hard time getting a good price on that color.

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
This may be a stupid question, but so far everyone I've asked did not have an answer....so maybe it's not so stupid. With the 0% financing most manufacturers are offering, there is something in small print about $17 per $1,000 financed. What are they talking about? I just assumed that financing a $30k car with 0% interest for five years would be $30k/60 months = $500. Is that not the case?

1000 / 60 = 16.6666667 so they just round to 17. Thus 30*17= 510 monthly pmt. I'm guessing this is what they are doing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info