Motorcycle shop in the area

Does anyone know of any motorcycle shops in the area... like between Sandwich, Plano, Yorkville, Oswego, Aurora... etc.

I share a 1975 Honda CB500T with my dad, and we just can't get the tune on it quite right. I need a shop that can set the timing and balance the carbs, and not charge an arm and a leg. I tried with Fox Valley Cycles in Aurora, but they said they would only do this over the winter and it would be about $300...

Let me know, thanks much!

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
Do you have a Clymer service manual for the bike? I've never set the timing on a bike like that, a forum for those bikes should have info too. But grab yourself a Motion-Pro Carb Sync tool off Ebay for $50 and you'll be able to handle it yourself, it's quite easy and fun, recommended to do at the beginning of every season anyways. I just sold mine unfortunately. The sync might be the root of all the symptoms also, you'd be amazed how a good sync balances the cylinders out and makes it run like butter.

I never heard of that tool or thought to look on ebay. Thanks!! I'll take a look.

It is odd, because when I am driving the bike, under moderate to full throttle, it screams without missing a beat. It's only on idle and very light throttle where the issue is... which i think is a matter of a fine tune adjustment.

I appreciate the info!!

EDIT: Dang it's now at or above $100... oh well!

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
O.k. just do a search on Ebay for "carb sync"....there are other brands with $40 Buy it now and $10 shipping. They all work the same- MotionPro is like the Snap-On of these tools.
If you get one with Mercury don't spill any and have a small glass bottle- like a Tabasco bottle- to store it in after use.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Most bike shops will carry the vac sync tool, or can order it for you. I used to do my own tunes on my ZX9R, it was serviceable, but I did have a really good bike guy dyno tune it for me and he did a stellar job. I think that place is gone now though. He only got 4 more HP than me, but the hp was up the whole range, and much smoother.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list