Winter Tips

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
try not jumping it at the battery,
the battery plates could be so sulfated that they let NOTHING through.
alot of cars have another spot you can put the positive cable. and then the neg on the shock tower or something

its also possible its not a battery?
it might not be a charge issue could be more to our problem here.
If at all possible replace the battery. if its more then a few years old replace it, its good insurance.

if new battery + trying to start car = still dead.
you might have a starter that took a dump. one way to "try" and get it started is have someone hold the key in the start poss. and tap the starter GENTLY with a hammer. try and get it to kick over. obviously be sure your in a safe spot as the veh might start while your under it.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
try not jumping it at the battery,
the battery plates could be so sulfated that they let NOTHING through.
alot of cars have another spot you can put the positive cable. and then the neg on the shock tower or something

its also possible its not a battery?
it might not be a charge issue could be more to our problem here.
If at all possible replace the battery. if its more then a few years old replace it, its good insurance.

if new battery + trying to start car = still dead.
you might have a starter that took a dump. one way to "try" and get it started is have someone hold the key in the start poss. and tap the starter GENTLY with a hammer. try and get it to kick over. obviously be sure your in a safe spot as the veh might start while your under it.

This worked on an old sunfire I had, started fine all day long, one day it would half-way crank but not start, Gave it a few swift kicks and it got going.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
last year I put a battery in each one of our cars (four of them) within about three weeks of the cold stuff hitting. The battery will show it's weakness in the cold temp for sure. I can't offer any more suggestions other than the previously mentioned. Good stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info