New Car Choices

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
Heres the lowdown.

My GA has 195,000 miles on it, so its worthless as a trade.Im researching options for an actual 'fast car'-but what car should I pick?Evos and GTOs are too pricey for me at the moment, and I like the looks of the F-cars, so here the question.

The choices are LT1 vs LS1 F-bodies.
Which car's better in terms of the following :

Ease to fix ( acess to critical parts like Water pump, belts, etc)
Ease to find parts (not just spares, but aftermarket support)
And of course, speed-which car would be the fastest given the same mods?

And for bonus question-an LT1 vs LS1, any compelling reasons to go one or the other (besides power for the LT1).And what issues should I look out for on either motor?

Thanks for the responses in advance guys.

-DT

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
LS1 all the way. Parts are just as cheap and easy to find for either the LS1 or the LT1. The big reasons you should choose an LS1 over an LT1 is A) the power difference and B) the build quality of the actual car. Both will have rattles, but the LS1 body will feel like a luxury car compared to the LT1. The LS1 will also be much faster given the same mods as the LT1. Good luck on your search! :bigthumb:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
cheaper to mod? debatable

no, ive heard there's a huge aftermarket for both cars, but just by the sheer number of mustangs and similar engines between the years, parts are plentiful and cheap.

and to get to the same power level as an ls1, probably not.

I think a mustang would be cheaper from the get-go though... f-babies are going for a higher price...

KaMaSuTrA

Resident Sexi Man
Aug 22, 2008
Chicago IL
ls1king.gif

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
no, ive heard there's a huge aftermarket for both cars, but just by the sheer number of mustangs and similar engines between the years, parts are plentiful and cheap.

and to get to the same power level as an ls1, probably not.

I think a mustang would be cheaper from the get-go though... f-babies are going for a higher price...

Are you kidding me? A bolt on LS1 will run the same time as a supercharged GT mustang. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
never said it was and I'm not debating your point either... but just keep in mind the 1.1 liters of displacement the modular is missing from the get-go...

Ford and GM were producing shitty output V8s in the 80s. The 5.0 Mustang was the king of the road over the 5.7 and 5.0 fbodies. However, ford decided to go modular in the 90s. Claiming the 1.1 litres of displacement is what I like to refer as the "Honda argument".

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
Kids, stop fighting. IMO the F-bodies are prettier and faster-and im a sucker for T-tops, so there.Thats why im looking for one.

Ive only found one 1998 Z28 in this area for $5500 , which Edmunds says is market value. Is that true or should I expect a higher price for a 98 with some miles on it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info