Whats the best rim cleaner?

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
That brown stuff is a stain on your wheels. I recommend using Mothers Billet Polish and then follow up with a paint polish. If that doesn't work, it's not coming off.

Wheel/rim cleaners are just for the everyday brake dust/dirt and chemicals like simple green will easily eat away at any sealant/wax you have on your wheels.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
I use Meguire's Wheel Magic and a nylon brush. It removes about 90% of the brown staining. After that you will need to get a good polish to remove the rest if it is stained alot. If the staining is real bad, I have used rubbing compund. But you need to be very careful so you don't take off all the coating/paint if the wheels are painted. Chrome wheels can be cleaned using Mother Wheel polish.

Once you clean them, American Racing makes a Wheel Wax that is excellent at keeping the brake dust from collecting and staining your wheels. Once waxed, Nearly all the brake dust just rinses off with water.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=ARE-9000903

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info