Wow, my old vette is still for sale...

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
went back to the dealer i traded my sebring in to with its "engine problem" and the manager met me at the door and tells me "you know I had to put a new motor in your old car? The pistons were melted." He wasn't so happy.
I didn't see it on the lot or online anywhere so im guessing it probably went to auction...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
went back to the dealer i traded my sebring in to with its "engine problem" and the manager met me at the door and tells me "you know I had to put a new motor in your old car? The pistons were melted." He wasn't so happy.
I didn't see it on the lot or online anywhere so im guessing it probably went to auction...

Trade-ins affect Commission sales IIRC, so it would PO the manager and sales guy I'm sure.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
no, i think the manager was more pissed that he took a car in that he thought had a simple fuel injection problem that could be easily fixed and didn't bat an eye at it when i brought it in, barely running... he said $2700 for the new motor in my old car that he had to pay.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Trade-ins affect Commission sales IIRC, so it would PO the manager and sales guy I'm sure.

exactly... I bet there was some fluff in the price- but if the car hasnt sold that he took in on trade, his commission isnt whole yet...

2 years ago this May I sold my 1990 ZR1 to Stasek chevy... It's still there... time to start saving... :hs:

http://www.stasekchevrolet.com/inve...IL0042.1/230102&d=Chevrolet&m=Corvette&y=1990

It's been at 34,900 looks like he's come down to 27,900...

Anyone else know where there old cars are?

I'd go buy it for what I got on trade in... but until then I'm keeping my GP and looking for another TT 300zx...

good luck. thats nuts that your car is still there 2 years later... im betting they are into it too deep.

exactly... I bet there was some fluff in the price- but if the car hasnt sold that he took in on trade, his commission isnt whole yet...

good luck. thats nuts that your car is still there 2 years later... im betting they are into it too deep.

Well they gave me 22,500 for it, 3rd gear syncro was shot.... so as I am told they rebuilt the trans, put new tires on, painted the front and rear bumper and put the white corvette logo on it. Say 3500 invested. They probably have 26k in it, but now ZR1's with 32k miles only going for 20k MINT... so they may be in a bind!

lol but im loving the grand prix, but I am super itching for a 300zx...

You'd think after 2 years, they'd let it go in the Auction though...

GTP Mike- That's funny shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info