Take off you tints!

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
So, as I was selling my GTP, and the cop pulled up and gave me a ticket for the tints while it was parked, no biggie, I thought. They`re usually $25. I finally looked at the ticket today and it was for $250! I thought it was a mistake, so I called. The cop said they raised the fine to $250 even if your not in the car. Fuckin Aye!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Could it be that high because Chicago cops are sick of fearing their lives cause they just pulled over a certain type of stereotypical car with "bad" people in it and the windows are tinted so dark they can't see inside? Put yourself in a cops shoes, would you want to pull over that stereotypical car full of stereotypical people at 3am by yourself without being able to see inside? I sure the hell wouldn't but it's their job, if they didn't pull those cars over to "check stuff out" because they were afraid, then what? Then we got a mobile version of Cabrini green (sp?) So I don't blame them to be honest... but there's two sides of a story and that's what I'm assuming their side would be? It could be a completely different reason, but I'm sure a Chicago cop would at least agree with that...

Bottom line though... stay the f-ck out of Chicago if you have tints, they're illegal, and all of you obviously know that, so don't cry when you get a ticket :dunno:

Just sayin....

C

CurlysGTP

So, as I was selling my GTP, and the cop pulled up and gave me a ticket for the tints while it was parked, no biggie, I thought. They`re usually $25. I finally looked at the ticket today and it was for $250! I thought it was a mistake, so I called. The cop said they raised the fine to $250 even if your not in the car. Fuckin Aye!

do you have them on all ur windows or just the rear ones?

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
That's a high fine. But everyone knows front tints are illegal and if warnings/small fines don't work then more power to'em.
If you're running front tints/no front plate then you are screaming to get pulled over...or at least giving cops a gift to pull you over.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
who are you talking to, yourself?

querro69 - he seems to think that tint in the rear is an Aurora thing.

Going back to what was said earlier why are tints in the front illegal? I dont have a criminal record why cant i have tints on my car. If a cop feels unsafe roll the windows down. Its not something law abiding citizens should be punished for, thats my opinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info