carputers

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
K. so thinking about this today, I have basic computer knowledge... and would need help from quite a few peeps on here... but anyone else ever thing about doing it...

itd be sweet to have hptuners built right in almost...

run gps through it, bluetooth, movies... hdtv... 5.1 surround sound... (i know id need a center speaker...) possibilities are endless...

anyone ever try to do this... anyone have any experience... any idea what it would cost?

edit:

what i am thinking so far for things i really want it to have are, gps, hdtv, fm radio, hptuners, wifi (so that as long as i am close to wireless internet, i can have it... later on do some sort of mobile internet...), a decent sized hard drive for movies, and music of course, a touchscreen, prolly around 7-8 inches, usb touchpad also (in case working with the touchpad is hard...) on and on and on and on.

going to have to be quite a few usb inputs...

Last edited:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
get a mac mini and a screen...done and done...the actual carputers are pretty expensive and have quite a few parts to install if I remember.

It's arguable.... there are computer power-supplies that are made for a car's 11v - 15v..... and components small enough to make a PC and put it in your car.....

But the easiest is like above, buy a used mac mini (not that expensive, $250 - $400) and a 1.5 din sized touchscreen ($250 - $600) and go to town

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
http://www.apple.com/macmini/design.html

Mac%20Mini%20Lexus%20OS%20X.jpg

toyota-prius-mac-mini.jpg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
fuck macs

kj, its actually really easy. get a small case, mount it somewhere (media center cases are nice). then a usb slim drive, 12v to 110 converter. hook it up to some sort of screen or headunit. get a bluetooth dongle and run the interent through your phone aswell as a very small compact bluetooth keyboard/mouse in one.

bam ur done

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info