Refinishing factory alloy wheels.....

B

Bad00SS

Anyone have any recomendatons on where i can have some factory alloy wheels refinished. I have a 2000 dodge intrepid that the clear is peeling and dont look so great anymore. anyone know where i can have them refinished?

I have these style wheels.
b6xcsk.jpg

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
When I originally did my factory wheels here is what I did myself:

Use Permatex Spray-on Gasket Remover (1 can per wheel) let sit for about 15 minutes. Scrub it with a brass detail brush for the small areas and then hose it off.

Once that's done you can do different things.

1. You could wet sand it all down with 600 grit sandpaper to remove any minor scartches then use Dulicolor's silver urethane wheel paint.

2. You can paint it clear or any other color you want.

3. You can wet sand it it down with 400 grit to remove any factory machining marks, then 600 grit, Then 1200 grit, Then polish the wheel with Mother's aluminum polish. This will look like a polished aluminum/chrome look. (almost mirror like)

You can clear coat the wheel which will slightly dull the mirror finish or you can leave them uncoated. The uncoated version requires you to keep them clean and waxed often to prevent corroding or pitting.

Personally I would do #3 and then claer coat them with Duplicolor's clear urethane wheel paint.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info