GT500 hits 7s!

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I love how everybody is unimpressed with the car like 7's is normal territory/easily achieved.

Bad ass ride for sure!!!

When I was at mustang fest at RT66, 6 - 7 sec mustangs were more common than slower ones, it seems either they run higher than a 10.5 or lower than a 7.9.........

and no 7's aren't normal territory for race built mustangs

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
I guess it doesn't matter. That car could run the 1/4 in .5 seconds, and people would still bash it because it's a Ford. So another car might be able to do it with less boost, BFD.

dont feel bad mark. everyone here runs sub 10.5s so i mean i guess i could see how this isnt that impressive

I'm not saying a 7 second run is slow, just after sitting at Mustang fest last year, and watching over 80 mustangs run 7.9 or better, it just isn't a feat for me anymore, yes it is fast, but just as if this was a Camaro, these cars have been in the 6's and 7's for years, it isn't like a GTR, or a GP, or another car, that has never done it before..... So what if it is a GT500.... I'd bet that name tag is about 50% of whats left from the factory on that car....It's the same aftermarket as all the mustangs I saw last year

When I was at mustang fest at RT66, 6 - 7 sec mustangs were more common than slower ones, it seems either they run higher than a 10.5 or lower than a 7.9.........

and no 7's are normal territory for race built mustangs

whatt? normal?

the only mustang/ford race built cars that are touching the 7second range normally is a purpose built SS0 car. which aint something cheap the avid mustang owner could afford/setup. the EFI renegade class record is 8.4X.

6seconds would be Pro 5.0, which is even moooore money and different chassis car.

PERs car was a efi ren car and there was alot of money and extensive work and tuning to get these cars to do those times over and over consistently.

so unless you own a 100,000$ Super Street Outlaw car, you aint going 7s normally.

maybe all those cars doing those times where normal that day cause it was all the class racers... not just your avid mustang person

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
whatt? normal?

the only mustang/ford race built cars that are touching the 7second range normally is a purpose built SS0 car. which aint something cheap the avid mustang owner could afford/setup. the EFI renegade class record is 8.4X.

6seconds would be Pro 5.0, which is even moooore money and different chassis car.

PERs car was a efi ren car and there was alot of money and extensive work and tuning to get these cars to do those times over and over consistently.

so unless you own a 100,000$ Super Street Outlaw car, you aint going 7s normally.

maybe all those cars doing those times where normal that day cause it was all the class racers... not just your avid mustang person

Quite possible......I didn't pay attention to the class...... Is there a mod list for this GT500?....Like stock motor? type of F/I, Nos? What kind of fuel

and I'll edit my origianl post, cause I meant to say aren't normal.......

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Quite possible......I didn't pay attention to the class...... Is there a mod list for this GT500?....Like stock motor? type of F/I, Nos? What kind of fuel

and I'll edit my origianl post, cause I meant to say aren't normal.......

For the same price for the car and mods you might as well buy the drag car ford is selling. Then say fuck it to the class it's supposed to be in and de-detune the thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info