Cops. WTF

Boostdelinquent

RHD CRX Project
Apr 11, 2009
De Kalb, IL
So I was sitting on here not to long ago and decided I needed to buy some more beer and get a pack of smokes. Well I have a Bonneville SSEI sitting in my driveway but no license and I'm drunk anyway so I jump on my bike and start pedaling. Well I'm going down the road and have a cop pass. He goes down a little bit and then turns around and passes me again, then turns around yet again and pulls me over.......ON A FUCKING PEDAL BIKE!!!!!!!! WTF?

So the officer comes up and ask me where I live and where I'm going. I inform him that I'm coming from Blues Creek (one of, if not the best neighborhood in town) and then say I'm going to the gas station to buy some beer and pick up some smokes. Well he ask for my ID and then runs my name. Obviously nothing in FL comes up although I'm pretty sure a few warrants in WI came up. So the officer then walks up and tells me the lights on my 10$ garage sale bike are not sufficient for night riding. He tells me that although I have all factory reflectors I need a flashing light on the front of the bike. I apologize and say I though the bright red shirt I was wearing w/ the reflectors would be enough and was unaware of said law.

He then ask me if I am aware that my WI license is suspended. I tell him I am and that's the reason I was biking. I inform him that I have to take a class and can get it back on July 18th. He let's me know that I am not supposed to have a drivers license as an ID if my license is suspended and tells me he should take it but isn't going to. I'm like, well thank you sir, I appreciate that.

He ask me again where I am going and I let him know I'm going to the gas station by the intersection of 441 and some side road at which point he ask me if I know if the gas station right ahead of where we where is open 24/7. I reply no and he tells me it is. He then thanks me for me cooperation and tells me to be careful and bike safely.

So, with that said, I have to admit that although it was a complete WTF situation for being pulled over on a pedal bike, the officer was pretty reasonable. I'm sure he only did it as a reason to run my name but his overall demenor wasn't bad and I'm glad he didn't give me a breathalizer since I was drunk as hell at the time.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
i dont think its a bad thing to have a law for lights; its a safety concern. as an avid bicyclist i think at least a rear light at night is absolutely necessary. people hit things in their car in broad daylight, at night its worse.

it would be better i think if they werent such douches about it and maybe handed out lights with tickets/warnings. would probably make people appreciate cops more...

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
with all that said....i used to do critical mass rides downtown (i dont know if you guys have seen streets taken over by bicycles on a friday) and people would just put their favorite alcohol in a coke can and ride around all night....people falling down, getting in fights :rofl: it was great.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
So what can you get a WUI? Walking under the influence? Cop was prolly bored and trying to find a reason to get someone lol me and my friends got pulled over when we were running around at streets of woodfield like 2 years ago lol. I was like wtf and all he had us was for curfew but he let us go

Walking under the influence could be deemed public intoxication. I macomb you'd see drunk locals riding their lawn mowers down the street.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
I have heard stories of people getting dui's on bicycles.

some guy in my town got a DUI for driving his riding lawnmower on his property with an open beer can, it may have been open container violation but he seemed pretty pissed either way.

So what can you get a WUI? Walking under the influence?

i said that at a party a couple weeks ago, i walked there cuz i planned on getting smashed and i was gettin ready to leave and everybody was asking if i need a ride, i said i walked and hoped i didnt get a WUI, they all just laughed at me but it was funny

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info